Okta is in hyper growth mode. We are seeking an experienced FP&A Sr Manager/Manager who will be a key player in and is truly excited about driving and effectively scaling Okta’s rapid growth. This person will partner closely with Okta’s President of Technology and his team on all planning, forecasting, and analysis activities. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that wants to be part of a dynamic FP&A organization that is operating at an accelerated pace and scaling for the future.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, a team player, a confident business partner, capable of driving action cross functionally, analytical, and outstanding at FP&A. This person is comfortable operating at all levels, with eye on the strategic big picture, while skillfully managing the financial details.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a strategic financial partner to the President, Technology who is responsible for Software Engineering, Technical Operations, Test Engineering and the entire IT organization
- Own the budgeting and forecasting processes for these functions, including:
- Partnering with business partners to ensure accuracy for headcount, cloud hosting fees, software, employee technology costs, and other elements of technology spend based on operational performance
- Preparing budget vs. actual variance analysis and other relevant reporting
- Leading thoughtful analysis, evaluating key drivers and metrics, and partnering on driving operational efficiencies
- Collaborating with the controllership organization on accruals and other elements of the close process
- Evolving these processes, as needed
- Participate in the company’s long-range strategic planning, as applicable
- Partner with the Product team on headcount ratios for key engineering and product roles, including making executive presentations identifying gaps and recommendations
- Lead planning and forecasting for Capitalized Software (including product software and internal IT projects per accounting standards), collaborating with Technology leadership, Accounting and Corporate FP&A
- Assist with and manage frequent ad hoc projects, including M&A, to support senior management and business decisions
- Lead process and systems improvement and scaling projects for your area and partner on cross functional teams, to drive the company’s continued growth and scaling.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 6+ years of FP&A experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- MBA, Big 4 accounting, or investment banking experience a plus
- Proficiency with FP&A systems required, Anaplan experience is a HUGE plus
- Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills
- Advanced Excel and strong PowerPoint skills are required
- Manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, both written and verbal
- Prior experience in a high-growth high tech/software/SaaS organization is a plus
- Very comfortable with change and challenging the status quo
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.