Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta IT can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps IT become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
We are looking for an experienced front end software engineer to join the Identity Experience team. They are responsible for designing an extensible and customizable platform that allow Okta's customers to configure and brand our out-of-the-box product and make it their own. You will partner with product management and user experience to analyze and reference requirements to build elegant front-end features.
You will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software. You will be part of a UI engineering community at Okta that provides opportunities to investigate new technologies and share knowledge, tools, code and best practices.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyze/refine requirements with UX, UI teams for common reusable components, patterns and styles that need to be developed in the framework
• Develop reusable components to enable other teams to easily implement UIs with rich and consistent look and feel
• Work with management and architects to scope and plan engineering efforts and dependencies
• Participate in thoughtful code reviews
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience building B2B web applications
• Strong experience with cross browser compatibility and optimization techniques
• Strong understanding of debugging scalable, high performance web applications built with reusability and componentization in mind
• Understanding of web security attacks and prevention
• Prior experience with or understanding REST (or designing API’s) highly desirable
• Experience with any of the following is a plus: network security, encryption, authentication and authorization, OAuth, OpenID connect, SAML
An overview of our Tech Stack
We use open source frameworks such as Hibernate, Spring and Backbone.js
We run on best of breed infrastructure including MySQL, Tomcat, GitHub, Memcached, Redis, Kinesis and Elasticsearch
We make extensive use of virtualization and containers: AWS, Vagrant, Docker
Our weekly production releases are made possible by Continuous Integration and sophisticated build, test and release automation leveraging Maven, webpack, yarn, Artifactory, Chef, Ansible and the like