Workable makes software to help companies find and hire great people. We get recruiting and its role in building healthy workplaces — which is why we’re proud more than 20,000 teams around the world use Workable to do exactly that.
And while we take recruiting seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. At Workable, you’ll find smart people who have fun, learn and innovate, and help others do the same. We brainstorm, we laugh, and, occasionally, we party (there’s a lot to celebrate), but we also appreciate people’s need for quiet time and focused work. We respect everyone, we hire the best, and make sure every experience is special.
We’re growing fast so we’re looking for a Frontend Engineer to join our remote Product team!
If you are ready to learn from the best engineers, if you like working in a product oriented mindset and at the same time want to get your hands dirty with latest web goodies & modern browser APIs then we want to talk to you!
On a daily basis:
- You will work on rich, responsive browser experiences, as well as mobile first applications and PWAs.
- You'll participate in product design and develop exciting new features.
- You'll code in ES10 using latest React and CSS frameworks.
- You'll be able to deliver reusable code and enrich our UI framework.
- You'll optimise the application for maximum speed and scalability by employing all tools available to achieve great performance and UX (i.e. offline storage, application cache, service workers, etc...).
- You'll need to employ traditional CS patterns like pub-sub and discover new ones like reactive programming and the virtual DOM.
- You'll keep abreast of existing technologies and be able to apply these to a variety of projects as applicable
- You'll learn how to build, design and deliver high quality solutions in line with guidance and best practices of the department
- Oh, and if you're into web technologies and the new web ecosystem, but have experience with other frameworks, please do apply. We value quality engineers not the tools they've used.
- Solid understanding of styling and applying design to web pages using HTML5, CSS3/4
- Love for coding polished interactive experiences that delight users and showing attention to detail in UX
- Bonus: Being comfortable with Git
- Bonus: Being comfortable with NodeJS or Ruby on Rails
- Bonus: Good understanding of SEO principles
- Bonus: Experience with web accessibility
- Bonus: Experience with remote working
Note: This is a Greece-based remote job (GMT+3)
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging environment, we are offering:
- An attractive salary and a bonus plan
- Health insurance plan including dependents
- Training budget for the best training tools and conferences of your choice
- Mobile telephony including data plan
- Apple gear for your home office and access to the best productivity tools
- Extensive parental leave
Workable is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.