GitLab is building an open source, single application for the entire DevOps lifecycle—from project planning and source code management to CI/CD, monitoring, and security.
We already have a large team of Frontend Engineers and we're planning to more than double the team's size over the next year. You can look over our organizational chart to see open vacancies.
At GitLab, we live and breathe open source principles. This means our entire handbook is online, and with a few clicks you can find the details of future releases and an overview of the product vision you’d contribute to when working here.
What you can expect in a Frontend Engineer role at GitLab:
- You'll help improve the overall experience of our product through improving the quality of the Frontend features
- You’ll help identify areas of improvements in the code base and help contribute to make it better
- You’ll work alongside the UX team, the Backend Engineering team and Product Managers to iterate on new features within the GitLab product.
- You’ll learn, collaborate and teach other Frontend Engineers. Everyone can contribute something new to the team regardless of how long they’ve been in the industry.
- You’ll fix prioritized issues from the issue tracker. These are typically bugs listed in a GitLab issue with an attached severity and priority label.
- You'll write high quality code to complete scheduled direction issues assigned by your frontend engineering manager.
- You’ll contribute to and follow our workflow process, alongside the rest of the Frontend team and the GitLab community as a whole.
Teams you might be a part of:
We have vacancies across our Secure, Defend, Monitor, Configure, Release & Verify, Growth, Geo, Fulfillment, Ecosystem, and Distribution stage groups. We work using Agile methodologies and ship features monthly.
Levels we are currently hiring for:
- Intermediate Frontend Engineers
- Senior Frontend Engineers
You should apply if:
- You have prior experience building Frontend web applications
- You have working knowledge of when and how to make your code scale effectively
- You are proactive in taking ownership of tasks and take them to completion
- You desire to learn and continually give and receive feedback effectively
- Our values of collaboration, results, efficiency, diversity, iteration, and transparency (CREDIT) resonate with you.
Nice to have:
- You have experience contributing to open source software
- You have experience optimizing code and look for ways to resolve performance issues
- You have experience working with modern frontend frameworks (eg. React, Vue..etc)
- You have working knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- You have domain knowledge relevant to the product stage in which you are looking to join (eg. someone with CI/CD experience applying for the Verify & Release team)
- Candidates are required to complete the online application
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Global Recruiters if the application answers meet our criteria
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 90 minute technical interview with a Frontend Hiring Manager or a Frontend Engineer
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute behavioral interview with a Frontend Hiring Manager
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 60 minute interview with the Director of Engineering.
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer
What it’s like to work here at GitLab:
The culture here at GitLab is something we’re incredibly proud of. Because GitLabbers are currently located in 51 different countries, you’ll spend your time collaborating with kind, talented, and motivated colleagues from across the globe.
Some of the benefits you’ll be entitled to vary by the region or country you’re in. However, all GitLabbers are fully remote and receive a "no ask, must tell" paid-time-off policy, where we don’t count the number of days you take off annually. You can work incredibly flexible hours, enabled by our asynchronous approach to communication. Also, every nine months or so, we’ll invite you to our Contribute event.
Oufor the Frontend Engineer position is consisted of thcompensation for the role can be found at the bottom