Are you interested in helping our software-development team make the online world a more beautiful place? Do you obsess about usability, security, and mobile-first design? SmugMug is searching for a front-end engineer to help us build the user experience to serve millions of customers and manage billions of their photos.
- Work from inception to launch on projects that directly affect SmugMug customers’ experience, improve new-user experience, and contribute to customer acquisition.
- Collaborate in crafting and developing intuitive, responsive interfaces in modern web technologies, working in react, redux, and ES6.
- Incorporate and refine automated test coverage, A/B testing, accessibility, and build tooling.
- Be active in code reviews and discussions to learn, share knowledge, and improve code quality across the codebase.
- Work in a multi-functional agile team with back-end engineers, product managers, and designers to make swift decisions and ship rapid product iterations.
- Diagnose and fix issues and participate in retrospectives to improve our processes and practices.
- Collaborate with other departments across the company, including customer support, data science, marketing, operations, and QA to keep SmugMug delivering awesome and thrilling our customers!
- 4+ years of experience developing customer-facing single-page apps
- Experience building large-scale, server-based web applications
- Experience with React and functional programming principles
- Experience with UX design, performance optimization, and debugging
- Excellent communication skills and a passion to share knowledge with colleagues
Nice to Have:
- BS in computer science or engineering equivalent
- Familiarity with web-form usability and security concerns
- Familiarity with Redux or other state management libraries
- Familiarity with Google Tag Manager, Snowplow, Looker or other analytics tracking systems
- Comfortable writing automated unit tests using mocha+chai or other testing frameworks
- Localization experience
- Familiarity with PHP
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience coding for Node.js environments or AWS Lambda
- Familiarity with npm or yarn, grunt, babel, or webpack
- A passion for photography!
*Remote work applies to select states: California, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Utah, Virginia, and Washington.
SmugMug is the world's largest and most influential photographer-centric platform, and we’re on a mission to expand our iconic, global brand. At SmugMug we hire great people and trust them to do right by our customers and our team. We strive to create an environment that nurtures personal and professional development and constant learning, and which allows everyone significant autonomy over their work. SmugMug values diversity, humility, and open collaboration. If you join us you will be part of a small but empowered team, moving quickly and making large contributions to our business. Meaningful, rewarding work and well-supported career development are imperative. Our goal is for this to be, by far, the most extraordinary work experience you will ever have.
SmugMug aims to thrill customers around the world, and building a diverse team is critical to our success. We seek employees with a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. And we’re committed to providing equal opportunities and cultivating an inclusive culture. We believe that embracing diversity is integral to innovation and progress.