Airtable is a powerful database with a user-friendly interface, which presents unique challenges and opportunities. When users figure out how to structure their tables, fields and views to map to their particular workflow, or simply use the best template, the productivity they unlock is massive. The Growth team’s job is to run iterative experiments on the onboarding, dashboard, and other experiences to help the largest number of users get the most value from Airtable.
We’re looking for Growth Engineers with Full-Stack engineering skills and experience with, or a desire to learn, Growth experimentation techniques. The ideal candidate will be able to use their deep engineering expertise to make changes on the backend and frontend to drive additional sign ups, activated users and revenue. This role will help identify and prioritize opportunities and be closely mentored by our head of growth, Darius Contractor.
What you'll do
- Work at all levels of the stack from AWS+Node.JS+SQL to React+HTML+CSS.
- Understand our users via data and customer research, adding logging and building reports as needed.
- Identify opportunities for improving Airtable based on data, research, and your own insight and creativity.
- Deliver experiments at a high velocity and level of quality to move core user and revenue metrics.
- Build out new flows, interfaces and features as needed to support a better site experience.
- Create reusable and maintainable systems and abstractions.
Who you are
- You’re a software engineering generalist who cares deeply about driving business impact via improving user experience.
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
- You want to work in growth at a company that is serious about data and experimentation.
- You believe the best product is the one that helps users accomplish their goals while growing the business.
- You have a results-oriented approach, with an inherent ability to find innovative product changes, translate them into product specs, and finally deliver a higher-quality product.
- You have a strong background in computer science, with a degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Bonus points if
- Experienced with both startups and large websites/apps.
- Previous work in bottoms-up SaaS growth.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group.
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development.
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym.
- Meals and Snacks: our offices are empty these days, but when we're back we'll continue to have high-quality catered lunches and well-stocked kitchens.
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave.
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world. Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we're just getting started.