Airtable’s mission is to bring the power of computing and software development to everyone. The Platform Engineering group’s mission is to push the boundaries of what creators build on Airtable. Our goal is to provide the tools and capabilities that make Airtable limitless, empowering users to build powerful and customized solutions for their needs.
The Platform group’s responsibilities range from building new functionality in the product to enabling third-party developers build custom extensions for the ecosystem. The work we do truly spans the entire stack - from deep infrastructure work to elegant UX design. Our team is passionate about serving our users by finding balanced solutions to hard problems; we’re looking for engineers who can navigate ambiguous problem spaces and deliver meaningful results.
What you'll do
- Work at all levels of the stack, from AWS+Node.js+SQL to React+HTML+CSS.
- Build out core product functionality with a focus on extensibility and integration with other SaaS tools.
- Partner with product managers and designers to understand the needs of potential users and build a product that unlocks their potential.
- Design, develop, and manage APIs, open source Software Development Kits (SDKs), and developer tools.
- Build out seamless developer experiences, and expand Airtable’s developer product strategy.
- Design and architect complex new systems, focusing not only on performance and scalability, but also on crafting a beautiful user experience.
- Work alongside and learn from a talented group of engineers with a diverse range of experiences and backgrounds.
Who you are
- You have 2+ years of industry experience with modern full-stack web development.
- You have a good understanding of web technologies and large-scale web application architecture.
- You have a background in computer science or a related field.
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
- You have well-honed communication skills and take pride in your craft.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group.
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development.
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym.
- Meals and Snacks: our offices are empty these days, but when we're back we'll continue to have high-quality catered lunches and well-stocked kitchens.
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave.
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world. Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we're just getting started.