One of the most rewarding parts of building a toolkit is seeing the incredible things your users create with it. We’ve seen our largest and most sophisticated customers use Airtable to run global processes across thousands of employees, coordinate precision manufacturing and 3D printing pipelines, and consolidate previously siloed mission-critical data into a single source of truth.
The Scaling & Retention team focuses on the success of our largest and most complex use cases by expanding the capabilities of the product and by reducing friction points that come with scale or complexity. We raise the ceiling of what is possible and what is easy for Airtable’s power users.
We’re looking for full-stack engineers who love piecing together user feedback to get at the heart of problems, generating creative ideas across the full breadth of our product stack, and carefully crafting solutions that unlock new value while minding the combinatorial complexity of adding new tools to an existing toolkit.
Some potential areas that you could focus on include:
- Creating new product features to enable teams to easily manage complex workflows.
- Enhancing existing capabilities that currently create friction at scale.
- Developing Enterprise-grade administrative and management capabilities.
- Investing in our billing platform and infrastructure as our business grows.
What you'll do
- Spec and build product features that are beautiful, consistent, and fast, that encourage exploration, and that earn the trust of our customers through predictable, reliable, and thoughtful interactions.
- Work with TypeScript, React, Node, AWS, and SQL to build and maintain new and existing Airtable features.
- Partner with product managers, designers, and data scientists to understand the needs of potential users and build a product that unlocks their potential.
- Engage directly with customers and sales for product feedback and iteration.
Who you are
- You have 3+ years of industry experience with modern full-stack web development from data persistency to services to UI.
- Have experience prototyping solutions and making iterative progress without final product or design specs.
- You have proven experience building simple, robust and reliable systems that work well together and are easy to maintain.
- You believe the best product is the one that helps users accomplish their goals while growing the business.
- You have experience leading cross-functional efforts and leverage strong communication skills and collaboration not just within your immediate team but with teams and functions across the company.
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
- You have strong convictions, weakly held and assume validation and iteration are a given to produce the best results.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group.
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development.
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym.
- Meals and Snacks: our offices are empty these days, but when we're back we'll continue to have high-quality catered lunches and well-stocked kitchens.
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave.
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world. Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we're just getting started.