About the opportunity
The product team at Contentful is growing at a rapid pace, and we’re looking for a Group Product Manager to take on multiple teams and projects, drive initiatives, and ensure our growing portfolio of products enables our customers to be as successful as possible.
Content Management System experience, developer platform experience, and experience with an API-first development approach is preferred but not required for the right candidate. Experience managing 3-5 individual contributors is required.
What to expect?
- You’re responsible for the products within your group to work seamlessly with our growing portfolio to create the most value for Contentful customers
- You collaborate with the Group Product Managers, Design and Engineering counterparts to ensure vision and alignment
- You clearly plan and articulate your group’s strategy, ensuring alignment with the overall business and product strategies
- You coordinate closely with colleagues in adjacent groups
- You will drive multiple initiatives involving multiple product teams and disciplines
- You partner with Design, Product Marketing, Engineering, Sales and Customer Success as needed, forming productive relationships and processes
- You will lead, coach and inspire a growing team of Product Managers to ensure they are successful in their role
- You will work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and UX researchers to prioritize and balance both short-term priorities and longer-term strategic needs
- You will contribute to a PM culture that shares user insights, learnings and research findings early, often and well
What you need to be successful:
- You have a proven track record of developing successful enterprise product offerings
- You have been accountable for driving large scale initiatives across multiple projects and teams
- You have experience managing Product Managers and are successful in coaching, mentoring, and being responsible for the development of your team
- You can be hands-on with product management responsibilities when needed, as well as higher level organisational challenges
- You work--and inspire others to work--in a structured way to solve customer problems and develop the solutions that deliver the biggest results with the least inefficiency
- You have an understanding of strengths and shortcomings of various quantitative and qualitative research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
- Your written, visual and verbal communication is clear and concise
- You are entrepreneurial, self-driven, and capable of working autonomously without strong oversight or direction
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are able to collaborate and build consensus across different roles, organizational levels and personalities
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- Take a break and show off your barista skills at our artisan coffee machine or play with one of our pups. We’re a dog-friendly office!
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, Jack in the Box, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin and San Francisco and distributed around the world.
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed.