Airtable is used by all kinds of people: marketers, filmmakers, tech startups, wedding planners, realtors, and cattle ranchers, to name just a few. Unlike single-purpose apps, we think of Airtable as a horizontal toolkit composed of intuitive building blocks that people can repurpose to create their own applications. The Growth team’s vision is to create a world where everyone can use Airtable to improve their lives. We own the most critical steps in our user journey, optimizing the user’s first 30 days, as well as key business goals such as monetization.
We’re looking for a Growth Engineer who specializes in optimizing websites across search engines and would be excited to own the SEO domain as the first SEO engineering specialist at Airtable. The ideal candidate will be able to use their deep SEO expertise to make changes to drive traffic as well as build new user experiences to activate users. This role will help identify and prioritize opportunities and work in our Growth organization led by our head of growth, Darius Contractor.
What you'll do
- Identify, implement and optimize organic traffic growth opportunities
- Build top of funnel user experiences to drive sign ups and activate users
- Collaborate with marketing and other non-engineering teams on content creation for visibility on search engines and landing page improvements across the website
- Evangelize and educate the engineering organization on SEO best practices
- Work at all levels of the stack from Node.JS+SQL to React+HTML+CSS
- Understand our users via data and customer research, adding logging and building reports as needed
- Identify opportunities for improving Airtable based on data, research, and your own insight and creativity
- Create reusable and maintainable systems and abstractions
Who you are
- You’re a software engineer with who cares deeply about driving business impact via improving user experience
- You have prior hands-on experience with SEO
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right
- You want to work in growth at a company that is serious about data and experimentation
- You believe the best product is the one that helps users accomplish their goals while growing the business
- You have a results-oriented approach, with an inherent ability to find innovative product changes, translate them into product specs, and finally deliver a higher-quality product
- You have a strong background in computer science, with a degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Bonus points if
- Experienced with both startups and large websites/apps
- Previous work in bottoms-up SaaS growth
- Deep knowledge on web frameworks and performance
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym
- Catered lunches: we have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We'll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable's mission is to democratize software creation. We believe that software stands to be the single most impactful way anyone can bring their ideas to life, yet that few people can actually access it as a creative medium. Airtable enables everyone to experience the power of creating, not just using, software.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable has raised $170M in venture funding to date, most recently a $100M Series C from Benchmark, Thrive, and Coatue.