Heap is seeking an experienced and passionate Customer and Community Marketing leader with a proven track record to build a best-in-class customer marketing program that will shape our long-term approach to customer community advocacy, advisory, and loyalty. You will lead the creation of inspiring and compelling resources, experiences, and community that helps support and showcase our amazing customers. You’re a strategic thinker and a doer, and you’ll work cross-functionally across customer success, sales, support, product, and more to bring your vision to life.
The optimal candidate will be a data-driven leader with a proven track record managing in-house customer relationship programs based on marketing automation, product insights and data analysis. You will define the overall customer lifecycle approach, drive our customer community efforts for product led growth, define the customer segmentation, and drive all aspects of the performance for customer engagement across email, web, content, product, and digital media in partnership with the respective teams.
What you will be doing:
- Build and execute a lifecycle marketing strategy to drive increased sales, build loyalty, increase lifetime value, and reduce churn. Work across marketing, sales/customer success, product development, and analytics peers to define test plans & key objectives, develop marketing strategy, and lead program development.
- Build out and execute on the community vision together with internal and external stakeholders.
- Represent Heap in the customer community and help to build a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive community environment for members from a variety of backgrounds
- Build out the Heap community platform and engage with Heap Community members in forums, in our community platform and on social media platforms.
- Manage customer interaction, including online/offline communities, events, press and analyst briefings, customer advisory boards, user groups and executive roundtables
- Measure the impact of customer marketing activities on customer growth, retention and upsells/cross-sell, and communicate these impacts within the organization
- Develop and grow our Customer Advisory Board program, helping us entrench ourselves with our largest customers and leverage their insights to drive our strategic direction.
Who you are:
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Innovative thinker capable of operating both in a strategic capacity and a hands-on/execution capacity. Values curiosity and is proactive in terms of ideas and innovation is key.
- Experience collecting/interpreting data from a variety of business platforms to optimize the customer experience and drive testing and optimization of the customer experience based on programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including an ability to be an engaging presenter.
- Experience building or managing customer community and lifecycle programs. Including direct experience across: marketing automation, website personalization, in-product experiences, community platforms, social media, sales and customer success.
- 10+ years of marketing work experience (inside a B2B SaaS technology company preferred). Bachelor’s degree. MBA or MS preferred.
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $95M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We offer plenty of awesome benefits, and we were named #1 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work (SMB). We'd love to hear from you!