At Airtable we are passionate about how our product democratizes software creation and empowers anyone to “create anything.” Just like Lego blocks, what our customers can build with Airtable is virtually limitless. This opens up all sorts of exciting possibilities, and so our Customer Engagement team works closely with users on their unique needs. We are building out our Customer Engagement Learning and Development team to increase the capabilities of our sales team: you will be responsible for implementing learning and development programs across our sales, customer success, and support teams, and covering role-specific skills, product knowledge, management skills, and career development.
There is a lot of building to do. We’re looking for folks who know what good looks like, but who are flexible, resourceful, collaborative and really excited to join us on our adventure to figure out both the right long term vision and the right next steps for tomorrow.
What you'll do
As the Head of CE L&D, you will:
- Own all aspects of enablement and training for sales, customer success, and support teams including onboarding, product training, sales methodology, enablement, career skills, and management training
- Define learning objectives, delivery, and sequencing by role
- Build an effective and efficient CE Enablement and Training team
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams in marketing and product to align on priorities and deliverables, and to share CE team insights and feedback
- Clearly measure impact of education programs
Who you are
- You have 8+ years prior experience in sales or customer success education, training and/or enablement for a high growth company
- You have a proven track record of organizational building and leadership, directly managing a high performing team with 3+ years of people management experience
- You demonstrate the ability to scale and equip the business in a strategic manner, communicate big picture opportunities and make data-driven decisions
- You take a proactive, consultative approach, building trust consistently and quickly
- You have an enthusiastic “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- You work well under pressure, with a high degree of adaptability and flexibility in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- You have direct sales experience (not a requirement, but a plus)
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym
- Catered lunches: we have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We'll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable's mission is to democratize software creation, similar to the way the Macintosh democratized personal computing. Software is arguably the most important creative medium of the last century, yet most people cannot build their own software. Airtable gives people and companies a “lego kit” they can use to create custom applications on their own, regardless of technical experience.
We’ve raised $170M in venture funding, including most recently a 100M Series C from Benchmark, Thrive, and Coatue.