At Airtable we are passionate about how our product democratizes software creation and empowers anyone to “create anything.” Just like Lego blocks, what our customers can build with Airtable is virtually limitless. This opens up all sorts of exciting possibilities, and so our Customer Success team works closely with users on their unique needs. As the Head of Customer Success Strategy and Operations, you’ll be the thought and execution partner to Customer Success Leaders, providing insight through hypothesis driven analysis, conducting quarterly and annual planning, defining success metrics and creating scalable reporting, and designing workflows and systems.
There is a lot of building to do. We’re looking for folks who know what good looks like, but who are flexible, resourceful, collaborative and really excited to join us on our adventure to figure out both the right long term vision and the right next steps for tomorrow.
What you'll do
As the Head Customer Success Strategy and Operations, you will:
- Own all aspects of strategy and operations for Customer Success. Act and be seen as a general problem solver able to break down the hardest problems
- Bring past operations and go-to-market expertise to provide thought partnership to planning and building the Customer Success org. Define and implement success metrics, as well as operating model with driver metrics
- Define requirements and work with systems teams to implement team tooling.
- Grow the Customer Success Strategy and Operations team over time
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams. Identify and lead top priority cross-functional initiatives critical to the Customer Team and the company.
Who you are
- You have 8+ years prior experience in sales or customer success strategy and operations for a high growth company
- You have a proven track record of organizational building and leadership, directly managing a high performing team with 3+ years of people management experience
- You demonstrate the ability to scale and equip the business in a strategic manner, communicate big picture opportunities and make data-driven decisions
- You take a proactive, consultative approach, building trust consistently and quickly
- You have an enthusiastic “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- You work well under pressure, with a high degree of adaptability and flexibility in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- You are strong in excel and analytical tools. You are advanced with SQL or have a demonstrated ability to ramp quickly on analytical tools
- You have relevant work experience in a field with demonstrated cross-functional and complex project management, such as management consulting (this is a plus, not a requirement)
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym
- Catered lunches: we have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We'll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable's mission is to democratize software creation, similar to the way the Macintosh democratized personal computing. Software is arguably the most important creative medium of the last century, yet most people cannot build their own software. Airtable gives people and companies a “lego kit” they can use to create custom applications on their own, regardless of technical experience.
We’ve raised $170M in venture funding, including most recently a 100M Series C from Benchmark, Thrive, and Coatue.