Okta is hiring an Internal Communications Specialist to join our team. As a member of the broader Corporate Communications + Content Team, you will execute on our internal communications strategy to keep employees informed, aligned, and connected to our company vision and values.
In this role, you will drive strategic communications campaigns, draft content for written company-wide communications, manage our global internal communications programs like our weekly company-wide All Hands, and much more.
The ideal candidate is:
- A skilled communicator and storyteller
- Intellectually curious (starts with the “why”)
- A self-starter who is passionate about employee communications
This person will report directly to Okta’s head of internal communications.
Responsibilities (What You’ll Be Doing)
- Manage our weekly, global company All Hands meeting — spanning everything from coaching presenters on their content to helping up-level the look and feel of their presentations;
- Execute on internal communications campaigns that clearly articulate Okta’s company strategy and priorities across Okta’s global workforce;
- Partner with key stakeholders across our People, Workplace and IT teams on a variety of internal communications initiatives;
- Curate and create content for company-wide internal communications, from emails to newsletters to videos;
- Edit and proofread communication materials prepared by others for final publishing;
- Support the internal communication campaign needs of various corporate initiatives (this could include project planning, content development, writing, and production/distribution)
Required Skills/experience (What You’ve Accomplished)
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or a related field;
- 2-3 years of internal communications experience;
- Excellent PowerPoint and presentation skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including experience in crisis communications and issues management;
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically in Photoshop + Illustrator;
- Strong project management skills with keen attention to details;
- Excellent management and organization skills, which will be demonstrated through working on multiple projects and working to deadlines;
- Communications experience in technology or enterprise technology companies is highly preferred;
- Experience with content management systems and internal communications tools;
- Experience with company-wide All Hands meetings preferred;
- Ability to work with all levels of employees, including senior leaders.
Okta is an equal opportunity employer.