Our Vulnerability Engineers are responsible for maintaining a secure and stable environment across our global presence. Key responsibilities include research and analyzing vulnerabilities for all current platforms Okta uses. In this role, you would be called upon to display initiative toward reporting and maintaining vulnerability and patching. Our ideal candidate has 4-7 years of experience patching desktop technologies (configuration, infrastructure, and scripting), experience with Apple, Microsoft and Linux technologies, excellent documentation, communication, and project management skills. Aspires to join a high-performance team of technology enthusiasts providing quality customer service and effective technical solutions in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Vulnerability and Patch Management in both infrastructure and end point systems.
- Responsible for researching and analyzing vulnerabilities, identifying relevant threats, corrective action recommendations, summarizing and reporting results.
- Analyze penetration test results and engage with other business units in order to resolve identified vulnerabilities within SLAs.
- Develop approaches for addressing vulnerabilities include system and application patching, deployment of specialized controls, or infrastructure changes, and changes in processes.
- Produce metrics and reporting on the state of systems and applications security, threat, vulnerability and patch management.
- Design and deliver actionable dashboards and scorecards.
- Manage tracking and remediation of vulnerabilities by leveraging agreed-upon action plans and timelines with responsible platform Engineers.
- Recommend appropriate policy, standards, process and procedural updates as part of comprehensive remediation solutions
- Validate remediation by reviewing application updates or deployed mitigations to verify resolution.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or 7 years of directly relevant experience desired
- Knowledge in current cryptographic algorithms and techniques
- Experience automating exploit testing and repetitive tasks
- Technical network and security certifications highly desirable (e.g., CCNP, CISA, CISSP, GCIH).
- Understanding of security controls (e.g., access controls, auditing, authentication, encryption, integrity, physical security, and application security).
- We will consider candidates with relevant IT industry certifications (ITIL, MCSA, MCITP, MCTS, A+, etc.).
- Experience utilizing endpoint management software (JAMF, SCCM, Workspace One, AirWatch, and/ or SaltStack)
- Strong written and oral communications skills, specifically technical documentation.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.