The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a Lead Financial Analyst & Business Partner to join our team, reporting to the FP&A Manager. In this highly visible role, you will work in close partnership with the CFO to serve as the strategic finance business partner to C-suite members and leaders across the organization. You will provide operational and financial insight to business while driving financial planning, analysis, and management across the organization. The Lead Financial Analyst & Business Partner role is ideally suited for someone who is passionate about developing an intimate understanding of our operations, has a strong financial and analytical expertise, and likes to drive key initiatives to improve our finance practices.
You are responsible for:
- As the finance business partner, be the go-to resource to provide data and insights to C-suite members and department leaders to effectively manage resources and make business decisions.
- Provide business and financial insight to business owners and the FP&A team to help solve complex business issues facing the organization - like measuring the impact of investments, barriers to scaling, and more.
- Own budgeting, forecasting, and reporting for several departments in partnership with business owners. Provide technical and strategic financial consulting to decision makers.
- Project manage and co-design the org-wide strategic planning and budgeting process with the FP&A Manager.
- Project manage key financial initiatives to improve the FP&A team’s ability to deliver insights and value to the organization, like the advanced modeling, data automation, and workflow redesign.
- Lead the org-wide financial reporting cycle to provide key insights and understanding to the C-Suite and Board.
- Collaborate with the FP&A Manager and CFO on developing team goals, quarterly work plans, key financial performance metrics, and SLAs.
- Recommend and implement high impact improvements to our financial planning and management practices.
- Mentor other FP&A team members, provide technical insight, and share best practices.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience, with 2 years of experience in a senior or management Financial Analyst or Business Partner role
- Proven track record of analyzing complex financial challenges and driving the execution of key initiatives
- Engage, communicate, build relationships, and influence effectively at all levels of the organization (from individual contributors to C-Suite) and across global teams using data and compelling narratives
- Successfully frame and communicate issues to a wide audience in order to gain understanding and drive consensus on a future vision
- Strong experience with FP&A systems like Adaptive Insights
Qualities that are important to us:
- Be a financial and operational problem solver with the willingness to tackle wide issues and drive them to resolution.
- Be able to manage varying perspectives and facilitate collaboration between teams and across organizational lines.
- Be comfortable taking on complex multi-dimensional challenges in a rapidly changing and growing environment
- Have a service-oriented approach: be able to anticipate, understand, articulate, and meet the needs of management and C-suite stakeholders
- Be able to achieve results in a culture that emphasizes collaborative decision making
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- Experience in audit or accounting
- Experience designing complex end-to-end financial and business workflows
- Understanding of the free culture, free software, or online rights movements
The Wikimedia Foundation is...
...the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
Wikimedia Medium Term Plan
Diversity and inclusion information for Wikimedia workers, by the numbers
Annual Report - 2017
This is Wikimedia Foundation