This role is a broad legal resource for the Company, with the key area of responsibilities in data protection, contract drafting, negotiation, and management, intellectual property law, and web scraping laws. The role will focus on managing the Company’s data protection policies and directing the negotiation and execution of a variety of agreements and subsequent management of all contracts once executed; including NDAs, employment agreements, consultant agreements, software licensing agreements, IT service agreements, and associated scopes of work.
We are a small legal department in a fast-paced company operating in an area with an evolving legal landscape, as a result this is a very hands-on, roll-up the sleeves position for a motivated and entrepreneurial individual. We are a small but mighty team and we take great pride in managing a heavy and complex workload while also maintaining the highest of legal standards.
This is an Irish based remote role therefore only candidates who are eligible to work in Ireland will be considered.
- Assists in development of policies regarding activities related to data protection (with a focus on GDPR), and develops appropriate tools and practices to ensure consistent compliance for the Company.
- Leads the drafting, review, interpretation, negotiation and execution of various commercial and other agreements, while appropriately engaging the Head of Legal for complicated terms or negotiations, as well as coordinating with outside counsel as needed.
- Efficiently coordinates exchange of contract drafts and negotiation sessions
- Understands the legal and business (including financial) provisions of contracts, and the implications of revisions of terms, and proposes alternative language to achieve the company’s goals.
- Understands the Company’s business in order to most effectively negotiate contracts.
- Remains apprised of contractual rights and obligations in executed active contracts and appropriately advises management of such; provides summaries and reports of contract progress to management as requested.
- Engages in contract negotiations with vendors and customers.
- Independently manages internal stakeholders to complete contract negotiations, explains key issues during the negotiation process, makes recommendations as to negotiation strategy to achieve company’s goals.
- Attorney qualified in Ireland or the US with at least 2-4 years post qualification experience gained at a major law firm and/or in-house experience with technology companies
- 2-4 years of experience in negotiating various agreements in a wide range of complexity is required, experience in negotiating international contracts is preferred. 2‑3 years of experience in drafting, managing and negotiating contracts in an in-house setting is preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience in data protection law and administering data protection policies and protocols in an in-house setting.
- Proficient in understanding intellectual property rights and data privacy rights, both in Ireland, US and internationally.
- Willing to be a team player and take on all aspects of the contracting process, including routine activities like filing, contract request tracking, obtaining approvals and signatures, etc.
- A self-motivated, team player with excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Able and willing to make decisions quickly and effectively, pay attention to detail and be able to organize and manage numerous priorities.
- Able to anticipate/spot legal and business issues and direct them to the attention of the Head of Legal.
- Takes ownership of his/her responsibilities, exercise sound judgment in decision making, have the necessary skills to solve problems and know when problems need to be elevated to the Head of Legal.
- High personal and business ethics.
- Currently based in Ireland
Founded in 2010, Scrapinghub is a fast growing and diverse technology business turning web content into useful data with a cloud-based web crawling platform, off-the-shelf datasets, and turn-key web s...
View all jobs