Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building meaningful, long-term relationships with our customers that help grow and scale business in the cloud.
Our Account Manager team’s mission to drive revenue growth in our most critical business customers by continually identifying new projects and workloads that will drive higher consumption of existing products, introduce the adoption of new DigitalOcean product offerings to the customer’s existing stack, strengthening existing and building new relationships across the client’s organization.
The Manager, Account Management will play a critical role in our continued success by leading and growing the Account Manager (AM) team. Reporting to the Director of Inside Sales, the Manager will own the successful achievement of key metrics including hitting revenue growth targets, managing account churn within agreed ranges, driving high customer satisfaction scores and driving high attach rates of ancillary offerings.
Successful candidates will possess an outstanding track record in scaling sales teams in size and revenue, a data driven and analytical approach and a desire to hire, coach and manage a high performing team of sales professionals. This person must also be adept at identifying compelling and impactful initiatives that will create and deliver long term customer value for our amazing customer base.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Drive activities that produce the outcomes of increased revenue and product offering growth rates, reduced churn, higher customer lifetime value and industry leading customer satisfaction scores.
- Optimize the customer lifecycle - Define segmentation of customer base, map the customer journey and standardize engagement intervention points
- Contribute to the design and definition operational metrics for analysis of team success
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Drive company-wide definition of ideal customer, create company-wide feedback loop and advocate for change that positively impacts the customer outcome
- Serve as the voice of the customer, establishing and leading feedback processes to help drive product and service iteration
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Experience leading a customer facing team in a cloud or relevant PaaS, SaaS, or IaaS environment preferred
- Demonstrated experience with people management
- Proven leadership and project management skills - ability to lead and influence outcomes of others both directly and indirectly
- Has defined and managed to a set of analytical KPIs to drive the direction of the team
- Has recruited top talent that were high performers and retained them while growing their careers with the company
- Collaborative, positive, motivated and driven leadership style with a focus on customer experience and satisfaction
- Inquisitive and wants to learn new things
- Cares about the developer or infrastructure and has an interest in technical products
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. While we build out our presence in Texas, we're working out of a WeWork space. We're also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Business Development
Want to learn more about our Business Development team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!