Mailgun is looking for a Manager to join our Deliverability Suite team. This team is responsible for building and operating a set of products such as Email Validation, Inbox Placement, IP Health and Reputation Monitoring. As the leader of this team, you would be responsible for the direct management of a group of software engineers, strategic product planning, managing operational challenges at scale, and quality of the software development process. Additionally, as our organization is growing, hiring top-notch engineers is always a key focus.
We have a distributed engineering team and will consider qualified candidates in the following countries: United States, France, Germany, UK, Spain
- Support the career growth for a team of Software Developers.
- Work closely with our Product Managers to define the product roadmap.
- Develop, monitor and track SLOs for the deliverability services.
- Help field and troubleshoot issues coming from support staff, other engineering teams, and our automated monitoring systems.
- Work with other engineering leaders to grow our engineering organization and culture.
- Hire and grow your team.
- Experience managing a distributed team.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Expertise in developer tools or software development lifecycle (SDLC) systems (continuous integration, version control, source code repositories, build systems, package management, deployment tools, test frameworks, etc.)
- Excellence in communication with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Fundamental knowledge about system design and software architecture.
- Passion and conviction and the innate ability to inspire others, and the ability to establish and sell the business and technical vision for a complicated problem area.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
- Experienced leveraging the following technologies for solution engineering
- ELK Stack
- Able to help create/drive development and objective solution performance metrics against OKR’s
- 5+ weeks PTO (treat yo’ self)
- 8 paid holidays
- Up to 100% Medical coverage for employees
- Life insurance
- Exclusive Gold’s Gym membership discounts
- 12 weeks paid Maternity Leave for birth mothers
- 4 weeks paid Parental Leave for parents, including through adoption or foster care
- 401k with employer match