About the opportunity
Contentful is looking for a dynamic and talented Sales Development Manager who will report directly to the Head of EMEA Sales. This role is threefold: (1) Lead a growing team of Enterprise and Strategic SDRs to create qualified sales opportunities for sales across EMEA (2) Train new and existing members of the Enterprise and Strategic teams (3) Take on operational, and administrative activities to help the SDR team exceed expectations. This role will be a direct source of knowledge, inspiration, and best practices amongst the SDR team, and will help to train, onboard, and mentor new SDRs with the support of the SDR Team Lead, and Sales Enablement team.
What to expect?
- Attract, Hire and Retain high performing SDRs at all levels (L1-3 based on capacity requirements) via channels available (Greenhouse, LinkedIn, Self)
- Drive a high performance, high accountability culture (remote AND onsite) culture to achieve and exceed sales development expectations and goals
- Help build Account-Based and outbound go-to-market strategy and execute on the plan
- Provide strong coaching and mentoring through a deep understanding of Sales, our business model, and methodology. This includes call coaching, objection handling/resolution, best practices on how to engage target audiences and personas, inbound lead follow up and outbound prospecting, and qualification.
- Ensure that members of the SDR team develop the skills they need in order to perform and grow professionally by providing honest feedback and coaching in recurring 1:1s
- Work closely with Demand Generation, Product Marketing, and other digital teams on virtual campaigns and nurture programs
- Design team pipeline model against ARR objectives and report KPIs (Meetings Set/Held, and New Opportunities) and activity metrics for both team and individuals on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Work closely with the Sales Directors, and other members of the SDR Leadership team and share insights to improve opportunity quality, management, process, and distribution
- Partner with Product Marketing, Marketing Program Managers, and the Campaign Team, to develop effective go-to-market outbound messaging across assigned team’s accounts
- Conduct quarterly, and mid-year performance reviews to assigned team
- Identify and strategically make recommendations for areas of improvement
What you need to be successful?
- 7+ years of B2B technology Sales, Sales Development or Inside Sales experience
- 3+ years prospecting as an individual contributor
- 3+ years of experience leading and scaling teams with a proven track record meeting and exceeding targets in a competitive and results-driven environment, and also promoting SDRs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to lead and influence others by example
- Excellent working knowledge of prospecting tools such as Zoominfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, LeadIQ, Outreach.io
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Proficient with sales technology tools including CRM (Salesforce.com experience is strongly preferred), sales engagement platforms, Google Applications, and Microsoft Office
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of the organization including sales, marketing, product, and engineering.
- Digital marketing and eCommerce experience (CMS, SEO, PPC, Display, Social Media) experience is a plus
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial mindset and strong analytical skills
- Start-up experience preferred.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, ARD Broadcaster, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it's a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.