At Airtable we are passionate about how our product democratizes software creation and empowers anyone to “create anything.” Just like Lego blocks, what our customers can build with Airtable is extremely expansive and as such, our addressable market is essentially limitless. The demand for our product has outpaced the capacity of our sales team and we need to grow accordingly.
We are looking for an experienced sales leader to join our fast-growing Customer Engagement organization and lead a team of Onboarding Specialists (OBS). Our OBS team is responsible for 1) intelligently prioritizing, operationalizing, and handling the lead flow at scale, 2) providing a world class onboarding experience through product expertise and demonstrations, and 3) identifying revenue opportunities by generating pipeline and managing a book of business to convert to paid plans.
You will cultivate and manage a diverse team, supporting them with their professional development through mentorship and coaching. You will provide the necessary infrastructure to prioritize experimental and operational ideas reflecting the latest company objectives, help the OBS team transform ideas into concrete projects, provide the necessary analytical support so results are tracked accurately and surfaced at a regular cadence, and ensure all relevant teams are working in harmony.
What You’ll Do
- Directly manage and motivate a team of Onboarding Specialists to ensure we are hitting our company goals
- Implement creative, high-priority sales initiatives to increase revenue at scale in a highly operational environment
- Support our growth and development by recruiting, hiring, training and coaching top talent
- Partner cross-functionally with customer-facing and non-customer-facing teams alike to enable the best possible customer experiences
- Provide both qualitative and quantitative learnings to enable quick iteration and feedback to other teams impacted
Who you are
- You have 6+ years of sales or customer-facing experience in a fast-paced technical environment; high-growth and SaaS experience is a plus
- You have a proven track record of organizational leadership and directly managing a high-performing team with a minimum of 2+ years of people management experience
- You have exceptional organizational, operational and analytical skills
- You thrive and lead effectively in highly dynamic, rapidly changing environments
- You demonstrate the ability to grow the business in a strategic manner, communicate big picture opportunities, make data-driven decisions, and execute complex, cross-functional initiatives
- You are collaborative and develop strong working relationships inside and outside of Airtable
- You have excellent communication and writing skills
- You are passionate and enthusiastic about Airtable!
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym
- Catered lunches: we have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We'll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable's mission is to democratize software creation. We believe that software stands to be the single most impactful way anyone can bring their ideas to life, yet that few people can actually access it as a creative medium. Airtable enables everyone to experience the power of creating, not just using, software.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable has raised $170M in venture funding to date, most recently a $100M Series C from Benchmark, Thrive, and Coatue.