We’re launching Okta’s second-ever, 9-month marketing rotation program. This program is designed to give recent graduates experience across multiple functions within marketing, including executive briefings, corporate communications, and digital media. This role will help to support overall marketing initiatives while giving the individual exposure to different components of the marketing function at Okta.
Through this program, individuals will understand the foundation of Okta, learn a range of skills, and identify interest for full-time placement within the marketing team at the end of the 9-month rotation.
Projects & Responsibilities
Rotate through marketing teams at Okta learning about the product, company and users while making a meaningful impact on your rotation teams.
- Be the “Okta Partner Team” voice - Help manage the partner communications calendar including newsletters, webinars, and cross-functional communications.
- Work with the partner team to refine the partner press release process and support content approvals, including blogs.
- Contribute to important internal communications efforts - Play a key role in preparing for our weekly companywide All Hands meeting, and create content for our quarterly newsletter, The Roundup.
- Research press opportunities and stories - Work closely with the PR team to research key stories, and coordinate with our agencies on bringing those stories to life.
- Learn how to analyze data to tell a comprehensive story, leveraging Okta’s insights to craft compelling press narratives.
- Test ad copy and landing page variants to drive performance and document results
- Weekly reporting on key performance indicators and identify areas of opportunity
- Collaborate with design and other internal teams to drive creative development process
- Manage the advertising programs calendar and communicate all key activities to internal stakeholder
- Own budget tracking across all media channels
- Support function leads in campaign builds and QA
- Help ensure high-value, inbound leads are engaged by sales development in a timely manner
- Analytics and Reporting:
- Strategy and Planning:
- Operations and Tactical Support:
- Manage complete on-site briefing experience from catering, AV, room setup, swag, printed agendas, and pre-registering all guests through Envoy.
- Support the briefing prep process, including scheduling prep calls, ensuring briefing doc completion, and procuring any additional prep materials needed.
- Help host the guests onsite, capture action items/briefing notes, and ensure the briefing stays on schedule.
- Generate post-briefing campaign details for briefing metrics.
- Manage Okta’s Customer Experience Center calendar schedule and be the go-to resource for all meeting requests.
- Swag inventory and management and ensure that when we’re running low on swag, it is stocked in a timely manner.
- Input all briefing data into EventGeek and Salesforce.
- Manage special projects as assigned, ie - meetings at Okta’s user conference, Oktane and logistics related to Strategic Events.
Minimum required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Graduating with a Bachelors degree between May 2019 through June 2020 in Marketing, Communications, Digital Media or similar major
- Highly self-motivated, proactive, and organized
- Fast learner who executes with skill and speed
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Excellent attention-to-detail, multi-tasking, and project management skills
- Ability to balance several projects and campaigns simultaneously
- Quantitative skills to make data-driven decisions and reporting
- Ability to work cross-functionally and communicate clearly to various stakeholders