The Strategy & Ops team strives to be the brain and the spine of Okta’s GTM organization. We protect the investment in Okta’s rapidly growing GTM teams by ensuring teams have the insight, tools, and processes to run effectively and efficiently.
The Marketing Analyst is a unique opportunity to plug into a critical arm of Okta’s awareness and pipeline engine. As part of the Marketing Strategy & Analytics (MS&A) pod, you’ll work with marketers and operations to develop our cross-functional portfolio of metrics and power data-driven decision making.
Okta Marketing will be your key business partners, and the Marketing Analyst will have the opportunity to work with any or all of the components of Okta’s industry-leading marketing engine. This includes (but is not limited to!):
- Regional Marketing – the teams that directly support our field sales organizations, including events (live and digital), highly-targeted multi-channel in-region campaigns, and ABM.
- Campaigns and Database Marketing – the teams that build and nurture our database, as well as drive scalable messaging to all corners of the market (including Okta’s existing customer base).
- Corporate Marketing – the teams that drive awareness for Okta, grow our digital footprint, build new content, and run major company conferences (like our user conference, Oktane). Includes Web, Ads, Events and Content Marketing.
Potential questions and projects for the MS&A team:
- Mature our notions of ROI by channel: assess our portfolio of metrics and tie the right activities to the right measurements.
- Map the marketing touch points throughout the buyer journey and formulate a perspective on the “next best” activity for different accounts and buyer personas.
- Pipeline influence: what is the best thing marketing can do for an account during a sales engagement?
- Create stronger connections between our models and metrics for digital, campaigns, and events to understand how each influences the others.
- Develop deeper targets for our campaign teams in order to give region-level insight into pre-pipeline goals.
Members of the MS&A team also get the opportunity to work closely with other critical business units at Okta, including:
- Marketing Technology – owners of the sales development and marketing stacks (Marketo, Outreach, Full Circle, LeanData, Drift, 6sense, et al.).
- IT: Business Systems – owners of Salesforce (among other things), especially touch points and integrations.
- IT: Data & Analytics – owners of our data warehouse stack (Snowflake, Tableau) and ideal partners on more complex data sets or BI builds.
- Financial Planning & Analysis – owners of the budget and the models that help us formulate a unified picture of our investment structures.
- Strategy & Operations – we all support each other!
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years in an operations or analytical role at a SaaS company, with at least 1-2 years of direct business partnership with any of the marketing departments mentioned above.
- Experience with the tools that create and house our data:
- Salesforce: complex dashboards & reports, custom report types, calculated fields, data structures, workflows.
- Tableau or other analysis / business intelligence tools
- Moderate SQL query abilities (the Data Warehouse team manages complex data sets, but this will speed you up)
- One or more elements of a typical SaaS marketing stack: Google Analytics 360 and Campaign Manager (or similar web/ad reporting platforms); Marketo / marketing automation; 6sense or Demandbase / ABM; lead and account scoring; etc
- Exceptional quantitative and MS Excel skills (sumifs, index/match and vlookup, table formulas).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at multiple levels. You can drive effective meetings with marketers, teammates, and ops leadership.
- Deep experience modeling complex problems, both conceptually and tactically (spreadsheets, analysis tools, visualization).
- Endless curiosity and a need to dive deeper for understanding.
- The desire and capacity to work both independently and collaboratively.
Additional skills we value:
- On-the-ground marketing experience -- e.g. you’ve run email campaigns, managed web, built ads programs, or something similar.
- Deeper familiarity with marketing models for: CPL, ROI, attribution, buyer’s lifecycle, etc.
- Knowledge of the GTM motion for enterprise IT
- Familiarity with additional tools we use: sales productivity (Outreach, people.ai, Clari); Anaplan; Salesforce CPQ