Airtable's Android app presents a rare opportunity to design and develop novel mobile interfaces that elegantly support a wide range of database workflows so that our customers can organize anything, anywhere, regardless of what device they're using.
In developing Airtable's Android app, we've taken great care to not simply port our web interface to mobile, but rather to design each interaction and animation in a mobile-first and touch-friendly way. We're looking for someone to pick up the reins and lead all things Android. You'll not only fully own the development of new features on Android, but also have the opportunity to rethink existing core Airtable features that currently have no mobile equivalent (e.g. Calendar and Kanban views) by creating them from scratch on Android.
What you'll do
- Take full ownership and responsibility for building, testing, releasing, and maintaining our Android app.
- Rethink Airtable’s web UI to operate seamlessly and natively on mobile.
Who you are
- You have extensive experience with developing high-quality, UI-rich Android apps — as a bonus, we’d love to see your apps in the Play Store!
- You have deep knowledge of Java and/or Kotlin.
- You have strong product and design sensibilities, and enjoy perfecting the details that matter.
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym
- Catered lunches: we have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We'll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable's mission is to democratize software creation. We believe that software stands to be the single most impactful way anyone can bring their ideas to life, yet that few people can actually access it as a creative medium. Airtable enables everyone to experience the power of creating, not just using, software. Headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable has raised $170M in venture funding to date, most recently a 100M Series C from Benchmark, Thrive, and Coatue.