We believe an Okta Sales Engineer is engaged in all stages of the customer’s development lifecycle. An Okta Sales Engineer is a thought leader and an excellent communicator who leverages all channels to connect with their customers. We are looking for a great teammate that can create strong relationships with key technology stakeholders in the largest accounts in the Northeast. This individual will build solution presentations and product demonstrations to educate customers (developers, product managers, C-level executives) on today’s cloud security technology. We believe that Okta’s Sales Engineers empathize with their customers, ask detailed, clarifying discovery questions, and are able to quickly discern the customer’s technical needs so that they can deliver a solution addressing those needs. As an Okta Sales Engineer, you bring that rare combination of strong technical skills and business insight - and you’re interested in a career that maximizes both. You will consistently hone these skills by advising a diverse set of the largest customers on what is possible using Okta’s Identity Platform.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the sales team in helping customers understand what they can achieve with Okta
- Understand customer requirements and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud technology
- Craft technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or standard methodologies for new technologies
- Prepare demos and proof of concepts to demonstrate various use cases for Okta’s Platform
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
- Scope, build and execute proof of concepts for customers with complex use cases, collaborating with other Okta engineering teams as needed.
- 5+ years pre-sales engineering experience
- A passion for serving customers, demonstrated through customer-facing experience including consulting or support
- An ability to quickly communicate complex technical concepts in a simple, effective manner
- Strong ability to think on your feet
- Elite communication and presentation skills including whiteboard
- Experience with at least one standard network security protocol (eg. OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP)
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience.
- Willingness to travel 10-25%
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer