Mynd Property Management serves the small residential real estate sector with a combination of on-the-ground experts and innovative technology. Headquartered in Oakland, Calif., Mynd boosts efficiencies for property owners and improves the rental living experience for residents. Currently, Mynd manages approximately 8,000 units in 16 markets. The firm plans to expand into additional markets throughout 2019 to provide real estate investors with access to fully managed, income-generating properties in metros with strong employment and rental growth.
People are taking notice. For the past two years, we were named one of the 10 Best Tech StartUps in Oakland by the Tech Tribune, and we're backed by leading venture capital firms, including:
*Lightspeed Venture Partners
*Jackson Square Partners
Our entrepreneurial founders have major credibility on the Street: Co-founders Doug Brien and Colin Wiel previously founded Waypoint Homes and successfully took the company public (SWAY: NYSE) in 2014. Mynd was born from the best ideas and talent from Waypoint Homes. Care to join us?
At Mynd we are obsessed with:
Always be Entrepreneurial
Play Team First
Be an 'A' Player
Think Like An Investor
The On-Boarding Associate will primarily support our Asset Management Team, whose purpose is to create a flawless experience for our incoming Mynd customers, both the property owner and their residents. This role is instrumental in the timely completion of tasks to ensure the on-boarding process is efficient, and the data needed to manage the properties and residents is accurately captured in our systems.
- Complete a list of tasks including document audits, data entry and verification of services to be provided by Mynd to the property owner.
- Assist in managing communications with property owners or their prior management company.
- Provide exceptional customer service, while being decisive, firm and empathetic with customers.
- Work in conjunction with the property management and property accounting teams to ensure all information is captured during the onboarding process and effectively distributed to the teams before, during and post onboard.
- Transfer and setup utilities for managed properties during transitions.
- Work with housing authorities and municipal organizations to update tenant information and transfer contracts.
- Work with new vendors to obtain required information to be an approved Mynd vendor.
- Transfer any recurring vendor contracts.
- Work with regional team members to ensure that each new property is inspected during the onboarding process.
- Work with internal Product and Engineering departments as a tester for new releases to internal platform.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Previous property management, vendor management and/or utility management experience preferred.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to accurately translate details from audits into required format for data imports into our system of record.
- Strong customer service, written and verbal communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to meet timelines and adjust expectations preemptively.
- Positive, can-do attitude with a commitment to excellence and achieving goals.
- Ability to work well using mobile office electronic tools.
- Computer proficiency, including Google Applications and Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals.
- Can effectively work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.