On-site Manager (Part-time)
Mynd is a full-stack tech-enabled property management company for the small residential industry (single-family rentals and apartment buildings up to 49 units in size). This is a massive mom-and-pop industry that has never been scaled, and Mynd intends to be the first-to-scale. Today, Mynd manages 9,000 units in 16 markets and is rapidly growing nationwide.
By combining great talent with on-the-ground experts, data and our proprietary technology, Mynd delivers an unparalleled customer experience for both owners and residents. Offering best-in-class property management is a start but building an end-to-end investment platform is the north star. No company has ever been this dedicated to raising the bar in the industry to create happy homes and healthy investments for all. Headquartered in Oakland, Calif., Mynd has been named one of the 10 Best Tech Startups in Oakland by the Tech Tribune and is backed by leading venture capital firms, including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, and Jackson Square Partners.
We’re always on the lookout for top talent. Mynd is not only made up of real estate professionals but also skilled individuals, across a wide variety of industries — there is no ideal employee build other than having a passion for active problem-solving and an impeccable work ethic. We seek those ready to hit the ground running, and those who want to join a team driven by data and by a great customer experience. Join us!
About the role:
The Onsite Manager (OSM) is responsible for maintaining the common areas, assists with the property’s repairs, and resident communication. This position is required to live within a specific building and is responsible for being the first responder to emergency issues at the building. The OSM works independently to accomplish the goals and complete the task of and assigned by the building’s owner and/or property management company.
*This is a part-time position approx. 10hrs per week. Must be able to live onsite, housing discount offered as part of compensation.
Outcomes you will achieve:
• Weekly upkeep of the exterior walkways and common areas, including removing all litter and debris from the building grounds, including city sidewalks, gutters and general marketing perimeter surrounding the building.
• Cleaning laundry rooms, mailbox areas and pool areas, as applicable.
• Assist with leasing units by placing keys in lockboxes for self-showings, hosting open houses as requested and performing in-person showings as needed.
• Assist with inspections of units, including but not limited to: Rent Ready, Move-In, Initial Move-Out, Move-Out, City and County Required, and Preventative Maintenance.
• Respond to emergency on call issues including taking phone calls, contacting vendors, as needed, taking photos, writing preliminary incident reports and reporting incident to and follow up with the property management company.
• Assist with touch up cleaning of vacant units between residents.
• Checks and replaces or requests replacement of exterior lighting.
• Clean trash and recycling area weekly. Break down oversized boxes, small furniture and compact trash bin contents, as needed. Monitor trash and recycling to ensure scheduled pick ups occur. Champion city recycling requirements where applicable.
• Perform minor work orders, as requested per OSM skill set.
• Ensures that storage areas always remain locked when not in use and that all occupied storages are income baring.
• Light landscape work, including, but not limited to pulling weeds, watering planters and raking leaves. Must be able to use a blower, shovel and other equipment, as needed.
• Deliver resident communication and legal documents as required and within local, state and federal regulations.
• Monitor parking spaces, issue citations and request tow of cars that are improperly parked, abandoned or in spaces assigned to another resident. Additionally, audit that all income baring parking spaces are only used by persons with parking agreements for that space.
• Appear before rent boards and at city compliance-related meetings as necessary.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather
• May be required to stand for several hours at a time, to climb up and down stairs several times each day and to lift a minimum of 30 pounds with ease
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.