Mynd is a full-stack tech-enabled property management company for the small residential industry (single-family rentals and apartment buildings up to 49 units in size). This is a massive mom-and-pop industry that has never been scaled, and Mynd intends to be the first-to-scale. Today, Mynd manages 9,000 units in 16 markets and is rapidly growing nationwide.
By combining great talent with on-the-ground experts, data and our proprietary technology, Mynd delivers an unparalleled customer experience for both owners and residents. Offering best-in-class property management is a start but building an end-to-end investment platform is the north star. No company has ever been this dedicated to raising the bar in the industry to create happy homes and healthy investments for all. Headquartered in Oakland, Calif., Mynd has been named one of the 10 Best Tech Startups in Oakland by the Tech Tribune and is backed by leading venture capital firms, including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, and Jackson Square Partners.
We’re always on the lookout for top talent. Mynd is not only made up of real estate professionals but also skilled individuals, across a wide variety of industries — there is no ideal employee build other than having a passion for active problem-solving and an impeccable work ethic. We seek those ready to hit the ground running, and those who want to join a team driven by data and by a great customer experience. Join us!
About the Role
The Onboarding Manager will build and lead a crucial team that’s focused on organic growth and owner experience. This leader will develop individual team members, hold the team accountable to SLAs/KPIs and heavily influence the owner experience. The role will work closely with product teams to identify areas for automation, develop critical tooling and see product releases through to successful implementation, and take a data-driven approach to decision-making. Mynd is expecting to grow by 2-3x in 2020 and the Onboarding Manager is a key team member that will help make that growth a reality.
Outcomes you will achieve
- Lead a team that’s responsible for onboarding all new organic owners, residents and properties onto the Mynd platform.
- Ensure that owners and residents receive unparalleled service which is measured by customer service feedback, communication response times and other internal metrics.
- Manage the Direct Onboarding Team and develop and enforce SLAs/KPsI as it pertains to communication and task completion.
- Be a resource for the team and resolve escalations.
- Improve the efficiency of the onboarding process and reduce the number of days to stabilization.
Onboarding Team Responsibilities
- Complete a list of tasks including document audits, data entry and verification of services to be provided by Mynd to the property owner.
- Assist in managing communications with property owners or their prior management company.
- Provide exceptional customer service, while being decisive, firm and empathetic with customers.
- Work in conjunction with the property management and property accounting teams to ensure all information is captured during the onboarding process and effectively distributed to the teams before, during and post onboard.
- Transfer and setup managed payments during transitions.
- Work with housing authorities and municipal organizations to update tenant information and transfer contracts.
- Work with new vendors to obtain required information to be an approved Mynd vendor.
- Transfer any recurring vendor contracts.
- Work with regional team members to ensure that each new property is inspected during the onboarding process.
- Work with internal Product and Engineering departments as a tester for new releases to our platform.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- 5+ years experience in Real Estate and building/leading teams
- Be eager to roll up your sleeves and passionate about reinventing the residential property management industry
- Have a bias towards action, be highly adaptable, excel at change management, and be able to pivot quickly from longer-term thinking to immediate action and tactical response
- Be committed to continuous improvement and get excited by conducting analysis, designing processes and implementing new operational practices that facilitate massive growth, all while delivering a great owner experience
- Have impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal, including ability to handle hard conversations at times
- Take a data-driven approach to decision-making and have sound commercial judgment
- Be empathetic in dealing with different people from all walks of life. Naturally build relationships with team members, internal stakeholders, and most importantly, our owners
- Be meticulously detail-oriented
- Have conviction that an early-stage venture-backed startup is where you want to be
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.