With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge, we have a lot of store owners to support. Our mission to make repeat orders easier began five years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 150 remote-first employees around the globe processing tens of millions of dollars in sales every week.
To execute our growth strategy we are looking for a Director of Partner Sales to help us support the ReCharge Sales and Partnerships Team. You’ll be responsible for owning the management and delivery of assigned partner events projects, acting as liaison among merchants, sales, marketing, account management, product development and external vendors.
What You'll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Professionally address partner inquiries and concerns via slack, phone, emails and Zendesk tickets to nurture partner relationships.
- Manage the deal flow of your partners team and the lifecycle of your assigned partners (~50 total)
- Ensure we have a full picture of each partner and have educated all relevant stakeholders.
- Discover and engage new partners and consistently upgrade your partnership accounts
- Build and maintain our CRM for partners.
- Perform business, product and technical demonstrations to agencies and prospective clients as needed
- Participate in industry trade shows, conferences, and third party sponsorships for ReCharge.
- Provide metrics, KPIs and dashboards to management as well as your team
- Travel to partner meetups, events and partner offices to conduct lunch & learnsSee three to five builds launch through agencies that were nurtured and guided by you Spend about 1 week a month traveling to meet agency partners in cities like New York, San Diego, Toronto and Atlanta (or wherever the partners are)
- Speak to half of your partners in depth including going through their client list and prospective clients
- Build relationships and advocacy through continual genuine engagement with Partners.
- Ensure Partners receive the appropriate support from the ReCharge team in a timely fashion.
- Educate all key partners’ wider teams to ensure they are well informed of new product releases and roadmaps typically through remote or in-person “lunch and learn” sessions or bringing agencies to our workshop series.
- Prioritize and have confidence in the Partners we’re staking as “Strategic” by continually re-qualifying their position and being comfortable making tough decisions to de-prioritize where appropriate.
- Embrace all core concepts of Recharge: Empathy, Ownership, and Simple solutions.
- Ensure we’re valued as a “top tier” partner to our agencies, that ReCharge is seen as providing a genuine value-addition and is an organic part of their recommended tech stack. Become a partner advocate ensuring ReCharge is seen as a partner, not a vendor.
- Make them feel confident they’re getting the right advice and responses, even if that is a difficult position of saying “no” or realigning expectations.
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of experience with sales, account management or extensive experience with customer service
- Experience managing or leading a partnership or sales team.
- Given the remote aspect of our company, a proven track record of scaling a team is required.
- Understanding of ReCharge as a system, tech-stack, our tools, features and capabilities
- Comfortable with phone calls and dealing with C-level or very technical partners
- Focus on being well-liked by and respectful to everyone around you
- Excellent and professional communication skills and ability to be diplomatic in difficult or stressful situations
- Good negotiation skills to be comfortable telling partners "no" when necessary but also advocate internally for the partner
- Strong critical thinking skills and a creative approach to penetrating new accounts and to address issues with out-of-the-box solutions
- Ability to work remote-first in a rapidly scaling organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Willingness to travel to partner offices and event locations, ability to travel 25% - 35% domestically
- Proficient in reading our documentation, specifically the ReCharge API docs
- Knowledge in Salesforce/Hubspot CRM, email/phone outreach, SQL a plus
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.