Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Partner Marketing Manager to help execute and expand our partner marketing programs. Reporting to the Global Partner Marketing Lead, you will be responsible for building and growing our partnerships with key digital agencies, systems integrators (SIs), and technology providers, in Europe primarily and globally as needed. This role requires a “jack-of-all-trades” mentality that is proactive, can create their own solutions when needed, and can work across departments and timezones.
Serving as a key player in our partnership organization, you will play a critical role in expanding Contentful’s market reach. Forrester summed up the opportunity in their recent report, Digital Experience Platform Trends, 2017: “More than nine in ten companies use a service provider to help them build a digital experience.” We need to be involved in those projects. And it’s already happening -- digital teams at companies like RG/A and AKQA are adopting Contentful as a standard layer in their go-to-market tech stack for client engagements. Now is the time to step on the gas pedal and make them wildly successful.
- Plan, contribute to and execute joint marketing activities with Contentful’s Solutions and Technology Partners
- Focus on 3 key areas:
- Market to partners to maintain a consistent flow of inbound partner interest through project managing webinars, email campaigns, and content initiatives
- Market through partners in order to help our partners bring leads to Contentful by building scalable marketing kits, sponsoring field marketing events, etc.
- Market for our partners to our customer ecosystem through project managing webinars, email campaigns, and content initiatives
- Be measured on contribution to the lead generation pipeline to/through/for partners (3 key areas above)
- Work with Partner Managers to agree to quarterly co-marketing plans that reach the partner’s customer base, leverages their brand and sales channels
- Drive and manage co-marketing initiatives with partners
- Promote Contentful to partners and potential partners
- Monitor performance against plan and take best actions to address shortfalls and other issues
- 2+ years of direct experience building and managing partner marketing programs, or 3+ years of experience working alongside Partnership teams in related roles: marketing campaign manager, field marketing, partner development (sales/bizdev), etc.
- A successful track record of developing partner lead pipeline through webinars, email campaigns, events, and other creative programs
- Experience working for a fast-growing B2B software company, where partner sales was done in conjunction with an enterprise sales team
- Highly organized individual with a proven attention to complex program details
- A self-starter who has a strong work ethic and can manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Bonus: Experience working for an API-first, developer-focused company (marketing to developers and technical teams requires its own special finesse)
- A team player, and know how to get multiple departments to play well together towards the same end goal
- Decisive and autonomous; with a globally-distributed team, sometimes you just need to make the call and go for it, when you can’t wait for the sun to rise for other stakeholders
- A passionate individual with a knack for solving problems and building/delivering solutions, and you’re OK with taking risks (and learning from failure)
- An entrepreneur at heart. You’re flexible and can thrive in environments that don’t have defined processes and you’re excited to help, build, launch -- and market -- minimum viable products (it’s a startup after all!)
- Humble, but your colleagues would say that you’re a game-changer and an “A player”
- A generally curious person and you love to listen and learn
- Technically oriented and understand APIs, and have an aptitude to continue learning about Contentful’s technology
- Bonus: an evening person! Our team spans San Francisco and Berlin, so there will be an occasional after-working-hours call.
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Enjoy significant exposure to SaaS and subscription-based business models; a unique skillset vital to the thriving, multi-billion-dollar enterprise software market environment
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!