Title of Job: Americas Payroll Manager
Role Location: Salt Lake City, Utah (Remote)
Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost.
Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com.
Okta is seeking a top tier Americas Payroll Manager to join our Accounting Team in the SF HQ (or from a remote location for the right candidate). You are a self-motivated, system savvy team player with experience working in a fast-paced environment. You will review and approve payroll for US/Canada and will have 2 direct reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the daily responsibilities and mentor 2 employees (senior payroll specialist and payroll specialist)
- Manage the semi-monthly US & Canada payroll for over 2,000 employees (new hires, terminations, bonuses, commissions, etc.)
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed timely and accurately
- Identify, research and resolve day to day Workday Payroll issues
- Manage new State payroll tax registrations and collaborate with tax team on payroll tax issues
- Understand proper taxation of employee and employer benefits and deductions
- Support SOX key controls and quarterly reviews.
- Manage international/domestic payroll providers (Workday/ADP SmartCompliance/ADP Streamline)
- Ensure stock activity for US and Canada employees is properly processed and reported. (RSUs, ESPP, ISOs, NQs)
- Review and audit all quarterly/annual filings
- Responsible for reviewing and auditing annual tax filings; including W2 forms
- Assist with audits as needed (401K, Workers Comp, Internal Auditors)
- Provide analysis on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks)
- Review and optimize current processes and procedures through continued integration of systems, enhanced automation and digitization of records
- Maintain strong and productive relationships with People team, including Benefits, Operations, Finance, Stock Admin, Legal and other internal stakeholders
- Perform special projects or other duties as requested.
- 7-10 years of experience
- 3-5 years management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance or relevant experience
- Process improvement mentality
- Experience using Workday (a plus)
- Experience using ADP Streamline
- Strong systems knowledge, including the ability to quickly learn new systems
- Excellent Excel, strong communication and analytical skills
- Highly motivated
- Certified Payroll Professional (a plus)
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.