- Primary responder to people operations email and Slack channel to ensure extraordinary customer service to team members and leaders at GitLab.
- Administer and coordinate all onboarding tasks and provide assistance as needed.
- Administer and coordinate all offboarding tasks and provide assistance as needed.
- Administer anniversary gifts.
- Work closely with People Operations and broader People team to implement specific People Operations processes and transaction.
- Proactively identify process inefficiencies and inconsistencies and collaborate towards an improved and more productive process that improves the team member and/or manager’s experience.
- Announcing changes and improvements on the Company Call and related slack channels.
- Use monthly Onboarding NPS survey to report on results from 30 day Onboarding survey for iterations and ideas on improving onboarding for users.
- Administering all transition issues for internal promotions or laterel transfers. Collaborote with the People Analyst team to keep improving the work-flow.
- Handle queries in slack and email relating to different entities and countries.
- Administration of Company communication (company calls, group conversations and AMA's)
- Foster collaborative working relationship with the CES team to ensure a new hire has a positive onboarding experience. Escalate any concerns to Senior People Experience Associate.
- Complete ad-hoc projects, reporting, and tasks.
- The ability to work autonomously and to drive your own performance & development is important in this role.
- Prior extensive experience in a HR or People Operations role.
- Clear understanding of HR laws in one or multiple countries where GitLab is active.
- Willingness to work odd hours when needed (for example, to call an embassy in a different continent).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong team player who can jump in and support the team on a variety of topics and tasks.
- Enthusiasm for and broad experience with software tools.
- Proven experience quickly learning new software tools.
- Willing to work with git and GitLab whenever possible.
- Willing to make People Operations as open and transparent as possible.
- Proven organizational skills with high attention to detail and the ability to prioritize.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential.
- High sense of urgency and accuracy.
- Bachelor's degree or 2 years related experience.
- Experience at a growth-stage tech company is preferred
Primary performance indicators for this role:
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our People Operations Manager
- After that, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with members of the People Operations and People Partner teams
- After that, candidates will be invited to interview with the Director of People Operations
- Finally, our CPO may choose to conduct a final interview
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.