- Primary responder to people operations email and Slack channel to ensure extraordinary customer service to team members and leaders at GitLab.
- Administer and coordinate all onboarding tasks and provide assistance as needed.
- Administer and coordinate all offboarding tasks and provide assistance as needed.
- Administer anniversary gifts.
- Work closely with People Operations and broader People team to implement specific People Operations processes and transaction.
- Proactively identify process inefficiencies and inconsistencies and collaborate towards an improved and more productive process that improves the team member and/or manager’s experience.
- Announcing changes and improvements on the Company Call and related slack channels.
- Use monthly Onboarding NPS survey to report on results from 30 day Onboarding survey for iterations and ideas on improving onboarding for users.
- Administering all transition issues for internal promotions or laterel transfers. Collaborote with the People Analyst team to keep improving the work-flow.
- Handle queries in slack and email relating to different entities and countries.
- Administration of Company communication (company calls, group conversations and AMA's)
- Foster collaborative working relationship with the CES team to ensure a new hire has a positive onboarding experience. Escalate any concerns to Senior People Experience Associate.
- Complete ad-hoc projects, reporting, and tasks.
- The ability to work autonomously and to drive your own performance & development is important in this role.
- Prior extensive experience in a HR or People Operations role.
- Clear understanding of HR laws in one or multiple countries where GitLab is active.
- Willingness to work odd hours when needed (for example, to call an embassy in a different continent).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong team player who can jump in and support the team on a variety of topics and tasks.
- Enthusiasm for and broad experience with software tools.
- Proven experience quickly learning new software tools.
- Willing to work with git and GitLab whenever possible.
- Willing to make People Operations as open and transparent as possible.
- Proven organizational skills with high attention to detail and the ability to prioritize.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential.
- High sense of urgency and accuracy.
- Bachelor's degree or 2 years related experience.
- Experience at a growth-stage tech company is preferred
Primary performance indicators for this role:
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our People Operations Manager
- After that, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with members of the People Operations and People Partner teams
- After that, candidates will be invited to interview with the Director of People Operations
- Finally, our CPO may choose to conduct a final interview