- Review contract to ensure signed and PIAA agreement - escalate information as required.
- Audit referral bonus process.
- Announcing changes and improvements on the Company Call and related slack channels.
- Flowers and gift ordering.
- Process all employment confirmation, reference, visa and mortgage letters.
- Audit offboarding issues weekly, to ensure People Group tasks were completed.
- Business card & travel system administration.
- Onboarding Support: New hire invites on team calendars, new hire swag administration and adding new hire's to GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel.
- Build understanding of GitLab employment practices and provide support as required.
- Manage the Team Meetings calendar.
- Complete ad-hoc projects, reporting, and tasks.
- The ability to work autonomously and to drive your own performance & development is important in this role.
- Prior extensive experience in a HR or People Operations role.
- Clear understanding of HR laws in one or multiple countries where GitLab is active.
- Willingness to work odd hours when needed (for example, to call an embassy in a different continent).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong team player who can jump in and support the team on a variety of topics and tasks.
- Enthusiasm for and broad experience with software tools.
- Proven experience quickly learning new software tools.
- Willing to work with git and GitLab whenever possible.
- Willing to make People Operations as open and transparent as possible.
- Proven organizational skills with high attention to detail and the ability to prioritize.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential.
- High sense of urgency and accuracy.
- Bachelor's degree or 2 years related experience.
- Experience at a growth-stage tech company is preferred
Primary performance indicators for this role:
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our People Operations Manager
- After that, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with members of the People Operations and People Partner teams
- After that, candidates will be invited to interview with the Director of People Operations
- Finally, our CPO may choose to conduct a final interview
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.