Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East. While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re building Behavior Analytics software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site.
We’re looking for a passionate Performance Marketer (Social) with deep experience launching B2B campaigns on paid social channels to join our growing Performance Marketing team. Reporting into our Performance Lead, you’ll help execute our global Paid Social strategy, and oversee the refinement and scaling of our paid social and other paid media buying efforts. This is a role that in time can expand beyond Social and into broader areas of paid media, programmatic and marketing.
We’re looking for someone that truly gets Performance marketing, media buying, the SaaS business model, is extremely performance and data-driven, and understands how people behave on Social and mobile-first platforms, so that we can offer the best possible experience. If that’s you, read on.
Please note: this is not a Social Media Manager position - we're looking for paid media experience only.
- Form part of the Performance team and work together across all Paid Social channels (including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter ads, LinkedIn, Quora, Reddit), programmatic, Display (Taboola and Outbrain) and Search (Google and Microsoft) on a global scale
- Manage and scale campaigns, structure, keywords, audiences, targeting, ads and landing pages while maintaining a healthy return on investment, a strong LTV/CAC ratio, so that we can reach more of our ideal users over time
- Have ownership of budgets and strategy development of paid social and paid media buying campaigns
- Create campaigns that are aligned with our user journey and reach quality customers
- Project manage/coordinate with the broader Marketing team to develop ad visuals and landing pages to improve overall ROI and LTV, and to maintain a consistent brand voice and message.
- Always be testing - we’re looking for an experimental mindset.
- Provide the reporting capabilities we need to ensure we’re moving in the right direction throughout our activity, proficient in Google Analytics and Supermetrics
- You have 3 years of experience, running large performance marketing campaigns on paid social channels in a SaaS business
- Have a mindset of putting customers first, as we believe that the core to being successful with paid marketing is understanding how you’re helping the end-user
- You’re an Excel expert that’s comfortable with complex reports, pivot tables and not afraid of spending time in your spreadsheets
- You are a Google Analytics specialist and can navigate tracking well
- You know exactly what levers to pull when optimising a campaign against specific KPIs
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, in line with Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €40,000 to €55,000, annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we also provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks.