Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures. Driven by a desire to explore, and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s komoot’s mission to inspire great adventures making them accessible to all. And we’re good at what we do: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times! Today, with over 19 million users and 100,000 five-star reviews, komoot is well on its way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app worldwide for people who love adventures.
Join our fully remote team and change the way people explore!
About the role
As our performance marketing manager you’ll play a crucial role in building the biggest platform of cycling and outdoor enthusiasts around the globe. You’ll own our performance marketing campaigns – a key acquisition driver for komoot – and have control over a significant budget as well as which channels we spend it on.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Plan, launch, track and optimize successful app campaigns in different markets and on various ad platforms (Apple Search Ads, Google App Campaigns, social ads, …)
- Test new channels and tactics (native advertising, retargeting, ... ) to acquire users and drive retention, engagement and conversions
- Team up with designers and copywriters to develop top quality creative and texts to target various audiences in 6 languages
- Set up A/B tests, run cohort analysis, measure the performance of your campaigns and optimize the ROI
- Team up with data analysts and engineers to improve our campaign measurement and attribution models
- Run keyword analysis and store experiments to optimize our app store performance (ASO)
Why you will love it
- You’ll join an international and fully remote team spread across whole Europe with a common mission - to inspire great adventures, making them accessible to all
- You’ll take over responsibility for all our paid campaigns in 10 countries, from day one
- You’ll have a self-determined job with personal responsibility to move things forward, shape the processes and choose the tools you need to do your best work
- You can work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your house, a co - working office of your choice, or anywhere else that lies in any time zone situated between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- You’ll travel with us (when safe) for team gatherings in amazing locations several times a year (check out this playlist to find out more about how we stay close while being remote → http://bit.ly/39xtIrn )
- We are a tech company with little organisational overhead, focusing on ownership and responsibility instead of micro-management and hierarchies.
You will be successful in this position if you have
- 3-5 years experience running paid campaigns for a mobile app with hands-on experience running Apple Search Ads, Google App Campaigns and mobile social ads
- Strong organizational skills and a structured and methodical way of running and optimizing ad campaigns
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to transform data into actionable insights
- A good understanding of attribution models, cohort analyses and ROI calculation
- A good overview of mobile measurement solutions and 3rd party tools
- Proven experience with app store and keyword optimization
- SQL and Python knowledge is welcomed but not mandatory
Sound like you?
We'd love to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
- Work examples: Show us a little about the projects you’ve worked on in the past – you can include the links in your cover letter
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account or your blog.
- You’ll get bonus points for doing something creative with komoot — we love it when people go the extra mile
At komoot we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.
We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?