We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join the Sync engineering team that builds common services for importing and syncing user, device, and entitlement data. These features allow customers the flexibility to link or enhance their business processes with Okta’s identity management product.
We are looking for smart, innovative and passionate engineers to join the team and help craft the future of Identity Management in the era of cloud.
You will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with senior engineering team in major development projects, design and implementation
- Be a key contributor in the implementation of the sync infrastructure
- Conduct code reviews, analysis and performance tuning
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to more junior engineers
- Lead and conduct design and code reviews
- Implement unit and functional tests
- Interface with Architects, QA, Product Owners, Engineering Services, Tech Ops
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4+ years software development experience in an object-oriented language
- Experience building fast, reliable applications at an enterprise scale
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles
- Deep understanding of infrastructure level technologies: caching, stream processing, resilient architectures
- Experience working with relational databases, ideally MySQL
- Expertise in Java
- Experience with ORM tools such as Hibernate.
- Experience working with user data stores such as AD and LDAP
- Experience leveraging cloud computing services such as AWS
- Knowledge of network security, encryption, authentication and authorization a plus
Education and Training:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree majoring in computer science
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.