Okta is looking for an experienced Procurement Manager to support various spend categories. To be successful in this role, you'll have a consistent history of developing and implementing category strategies and taking a leadership role in advising on the service and technology aspects of Finance, Legal, HR, Workplace, Technology, Marketing & Engineering and categories for Okta’s global locations.
You are expected to make recommendations for vendor selection and process re-engineering to improve efficiency and effectiveness. You will lead end-to-end sourcing projects supporting multiple departments. You will be expected to build relationships with internal business partners working with cross-functional groups to support negotiations, risk mitigation and supplier management. You will perform moderately complex work assignments and problem resolutions with minimal direct supervision. You will collaborate with senior level representatives from the business and should be able to advise on viable and efficient sourcing and procurement processes.
- Build effective, strategic relationships with the business, vendors, and cross-functional teams
- Liaise between the business, vendors, and respective security and legal teams to complete all requirements
- Actively develop sourcing strategies in support of business initiatives
- Collaborates with Okta’s Legal and Security departments to ensure compliance with requirements and standard contract terms.
- Help identify areas of risk for the business (i.e., delivery of service, quality, performance, timeline, warranty, governance); make recommendations where applicable
- Provide supplier management and cost reduction solutions
- Drive vendor review meetings with key suppliers and provide input on performance and future needs/strategic planning
- Measure vendor performance against contract Service Level Agreements and expectations. Initiate corrective actions in the event of missed expectations
- Use experience and industry expertise to find opportunities to optimize cost, improve service and other efficiency opportunities
- Ability to summarize complex business issues and evaluate opportunities for improved functionality, cost savings and SLAs
- Highly effective interpersonal skills necessary to address executive level internal and external partners
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written skills
- Ability to work in an energizing environment, leading strategic and tactical projects, prioritizing to effectively meet the needs of the business.
- Experience in financial analysis to ensure that negotiated agreements provide the best possible returns for the company.
- Experience prioritizing and leading multiple projects at the same time, negotiating successfully while maintaining the relationship, and working effectively with people at all skill and organizational levels, internally and externally.
- Experience with developing and evaluating Statements of Work, risk analysis, contracts and market research
- Strong analytical, problem solving and risk assessment skills
- Comprehensive understanding of contractual terms and the ability to write and negotiate contracts
- Experience planning and leading negotiations
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience including strategic sourcing, negotiation, and contracting of services
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.