ConsenSys is a venture production studio and the leading technology firm in blockchain globally. We deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done in complex network of buyers, suppliers and consumers.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, the music industry, security, and infrastructure, and more. To accomplish this we've built out a flat organizational structure which we call the ConsenSys Mesh: a network of individuals & teams working autonomously and towards the same goal. Our mission is to use these decentralized solutions to fundamentally reshape the economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
About Codefi at ConsenSys
ConsenSys aims to be the industry leader in decentralized commerce and finance (“DeFi”) and digital asset space. In that capacity, ConsenSys is building tools and services for consumers to easily access and navigate the decentralized ecosystem.
About the role
ConsenSys is looking for a Product Designer to help drive new products in the Digital Asset and DeFi space. As Product Designer, you will be responsible for
- Leading a collaborative design process from conception to launch: partner with small, global teams of engineers, product managers, and researchers to identify user needs, define product strategy, and create roadmaps
- Develop storyboards, prototypes, and high-fidelity visual design to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Actively give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise the bar for quality
- Evangelize design and product thinking methodology
- Fearlessly take on highly complex problem areas and then publish what you learn
- Grow a design team as products mature
What we ask for:
- You have 2-4+ years of experience working as a product designer on agile teams
- Experience working with product design tools like Figma, Sketch, InVision, Principle for Mac, Flinto, Framer, Whimsical, or similar
- You have solved complex problems with an elegant, shipped product—evidenced in an online portfolio featuring end-to-end product design
- You demonstrate product vision and use data and experimentation to provide product direction.
- While you may not have a branding or marketing background, you understand customer experience and the relationship between brand and product design
- You’re excellent at articulating design decisions, presenting to clients or stakeholders
- You’re effective at prototyping at varying levels of fidelity
- You demonstrate solid leadership skills and an ability to develop strong partnerships with product managers and engineers
- A strong portfolio that contains not just final solutions, but the iterative artifacts which demonstrates your thinking, as well as your role within that process
Even better if:
- You’re interested in or have experience with decentralized applications and blockchain
- You’re interested in or have experience designing for financial applications
- Willing to travel occasionally to meet global clients or conduct research
- You have experience at both large organizations and start-ups
- You are able to facilitate design thinking workshops
- You enjoy some amount of ambiguity and freedom to experiment
- You’ve built or worked with design systems
- You have experience animating interactions and UI elements
- You have front-end development experience