Airtable is a powerful database with a user-friendly interface. Our value proposition is in how our product harnesses the power of creating software for our users without requiring them to know how to write code.
Currently, all kinds of people use Airtable: marketers, filmmakers, tech startups, wedding planners, and cattle ranchers, to name just a few. We call them creators. While we’ve made it an order of magnitude easier for creators to build workflows and collaborate seamlessly, we know that it can be daunting to get started in a tool as powerful as ours. If we can effectively enable creators, the productivity they unlock is massive. Our Activation team is focused on empowering creators to build with the full potential of Airtable. It is a key part of our overall growth and retention strategy.
On the Activation team, we’re looking for growth-minded engineers who want to deeply understand the motivations of our creators. We need Full-Stack engineering skills and experience with, or a desire to learn, growth experimentation techniques.
What you'll do
- Partner with product managers, designers, and data scientists to understand the needs of potential users and build a product that unlocks their potential.
- Have experience prototyping solutions and making iterative progress without final product or design specs.
- Spec and build user interfaces that are beautiful, consistent, and fast, that encourage exploration, and that earn the trust of our customers through predictable, reliable, and thoughtful interactions.
- Work with React, ES6, and HTML/CSS to build and maintain new and existing Airtable features.
Who you are
- You have 2+ years of industry experience working at all levels of the stack from Node.JS and SQL to React, HTML, and CSS.
- You think pragmatically about solutions that helps users accomplish their goals while growing the business.
- You believe the best product is the one that helps users accomplish their goals while growing the business.
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
- You are motivated to ideate innovative product changes, translate them into product specs, and finally deliver a higher-quality product.
- You believe in data-driven and iterative product development and can deliver experiments at a high velocity and level of quality to move core metrics.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group.
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development.
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym.
- Meals and Snacks: our offices are empty these days, but when we're back we'll continue to have high-quality catered lunches and well-stocked kitchens.
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave.
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world. Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we're just getting started.