Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
As the Product Manager for Growth, you will be at the heart of our B2B SaaS business and an important factor for our success as we help more customers and scale the company. Together with several cross-functional teams and leading an engineering team, you will be responsible for analyzing the trial & onboarding flow for new companies signing up for Contentful as well as optimizing individual user journeys that lead to successful adoption of Contentful. Additionally, you will identify what product intelligence & investments are needed to help Go to Market teams with operational automation, data, information, and tools for helping customers succeed in their trials & proofs of concept. If you’re a business-minded Product Manager that enjoys tackling complex technical challenges, this is the role for you!
- Clearly articulate customer (external & internal) problems, collect supporting data & evidence for the size of the problem and quantifying business impact to justify investment recommendations.
- Collaborating with a Product Designer, you will lead the discovery process for solutions to identified customer problems and then validate the solutions before recommending the best solution(s) to implement
- Identify friction in customer organization’s and team’s journeys to solve that will drive improvements to help customers reach success
- Optimize the many loops across both the organization and individual user journeys as they scale their use of Contentful
- Advise, identify, and define internal efficiency opportunities powered by the product, better intelligence, and integrating growth systems to solve business challenges
- Identify gaps in our eventing & analytics pipeline systems needed to power product intelligence needs as well as automation in downstream business systems through our common data pipeline
- You are a proven growth-minded Product Manager
- Domain expertise in API products and protocols like REST or GraphQL
- Working with PaaS and/or SaaS for enterprises products is your passion
- Experience leading and effectively managing a complex platform that is highly reliable
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally, collaborate, influence and work as part of a team
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and capable of collaborating with multiple internal departments
- You have a strong technical background – like a past experience as a backend developer or a technical consulting position – to actively participate in your team’s discussion about architecture and design decisions
- Ability to analyze both usage data and qualitative feedback to draw conclusions and recommendations
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!