The Professional Services Resource Manager will own global resource planning and ensure all projects are staffed effectively and are aligned to business goals/initiatives. The Resource Manager will create and drive the adoption of resource request processes by the Professional Services Sales and Delivery teams.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Own resourcing pipeline for incoming projects. This includes communicating Professional Services time to staff for the various roles, skill sets and segments to the Sales team.
- Initiate Sales to Delivery process; create projects and assignments based on resource plans and customer contracts.
- Manage resource utilization and forecasts.
- Maintain constant knowledge of current and upcoming projects and business development activities as they relate to resourcing.
- Manage and resolve all resourcing conflicts and over/under allocations of staff.
- Create headcount planning model and execute against it.
- Identify needs for capacity and skill set and work with Okta HR and Okta Delivery vendors to source and onboard resources.
- Own relationship with Okta subcontractors.
- Identify and solution process improvements for Resource Management.
- Monitor day-to-day project activity to effectively identify risks to project staffing.
- Develop and maintain Skill Matrix and Capacity data for Professional Services team and Okta Delivery Partners.
- Create ‘Week 1’, ‘30 day’ and ‘60 day’ onboarding path for new resources.
- Partner with Delivery Excellence to identify areas to better equip resources with content, process or tools to increase project delivery efficiencies.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and concepts
- Ability to juggle multiple and changing priorities while working in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Four year college degree from accredited university
- 2+ years of Operations or Consulting experience, preferably at a SaaS enterprise software company
- Strong experience in Salesforce.com
- Experience in working with PSA tools, preferably FinancialForce
- Experience with building financial models, headcount planning, and 3rd party vendors perferred
- Proven track record of collaborating with business leaders to understand the needs of the field and roll out solutions and processes to increase productivity and efficiency
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.