GitLab Technical Instructor
The Technical Instructor position is a critical role within GitLab’s Professional Services team, delivering engaging instructional sessions for GitLab enterprise, commercial, and public sector customers and partners. The target audiences for the instructional sessions include software developers, devops engineers, system administrators, and architects, and system integrator partners who need to know how to implement and use GitLab solutions.
- Deliver live and asynchronous experiential instructional sessions that support adult learning best practices, address needs identified in a job/task analysis, drive behavior change, and improve the performance of GitLab customers and partners.
- Deliver excellent customer-service during training events including arriving and running training sessions punctually and professionally.
- Review customer feedback and collaborate with team members to continually improve the customer learning experience.
- Respond professionally and attentively to training session attendees to ensure they are satisfied with their learning experience.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with team members to plan and develop slides and labs for instructional sessions.
- Stay up to date with the latest GitLab feature releases and incorporate them into training deliveries.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for certification program design and assessment development.
- Meet all milestones and final deliverables by deadlines; when delays do occur, work with the team to estimate, monitor, adjust, and proactively communicate revised deadlines as needed
- Technical degree such as B.S. or M.S. or relevant work experience
- 5+ years experience delivering live technical training and labs on how to use SaaS development solutions
- Familiarity with commonly-used coding languages and tools such as Python, Java, Docker, Kubernetes, YAML, Git, and Visual Studio
- Working knowledge of and experience with using GitLab throughout the concurrent devops life cycle
- Dynamic, engaging presentation style with strong presentation skills specifically in delivering complex technical training to a variety of audience types
- Passion for helping customers succeed and for exceeding customer expectations
- Knowledge of and experience with applying adult learning methods and practices
- Strong oral and written communication skills and diverse experience working with internal customers and stakeholders in both live and virtual environments
- Proven ability to clearly articulate complex concepts in simple terms
- Excellent team player
- Detail-oriented with strong project management skills and requiring minimal supervision
- Experience with virtual meeting/webinar tools such as Zoom
- Ability to travel 50% or more both within the United States and globally
- Experience working with a variety of Learning Management and Learning Experience Systems and various virtual meeting management tools such as Zoom is a plus
- Familiarity with statically generated websites are preferred, as we take a handbook-first approach to Sales and Customer Enablement
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle, DevOps, and/or open source software is preferred
- Ability to use GitLab
- Learner satisfaction scores
- Number and percentage of on-time, on-budget training engagements delivered
- Additional performance indicators to be determined