Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
About the Role
This is a fully remote role. We will only consider applicants based in North America due to time zone limitations.
● Serve as a key member of the Legal team interacting with all levels and functions of the broader company.
● Be the internal contact person for all Legal matters and facilitate communication internally and externally.
● Coordinate and balance work across the team;
● Ensure the development and maintenance of task lists, project plans, and follow ups.
● Design, capture and report metrics regarding the teams’ performance.
● Serve as a problem solver who is able to think outside the box and just get “it” done.
● Build strong processes that are meant to scale, yet flexible enough to address the unique needs of the Legal team
● Minimum 1-3 years experience working as a Project Manager or Legal Operations Specialist. If you have a Bachelors in Management or a JD, or LL.M it would be a big plus.
● Demonstrated ability to work successfully cross-functionally and communicate effectively with senior leadership on objectives, goals and metrics.
● Self-starter with a sense of urgency to get things done.
● Operational savviness, ability to handle competing priorities in a dynamic, evolving and fluid environment, examples could be:
○ Founder or employee in an early stage tech startup (whether successful or not);
○ Prior military or law enforcement service; or
○ USAID, Red Cross or other NGO field work.
● Experience using project management tools, including Asana, Trello Wrike, Jira etc.
● Strong IT skills (we are a remote first company).
● Have strong interest in, or basic knowledge of blockchain technology and cryptocurrency.