As a leading tech-enabled property management company in the US, Mynd lives to make renting and owning real estate simple for everyone. Mynd is reinventing how property management works in the mid-market multi-family and single family markets through a proprietary technology platform. We believe that real time data helps investors make smarter investment decisions, supports a more efficient and data-driven operation, and creates an overall better property owner and resident experience.
People are taking notice. We've been voted Best Tech StartUps in 2019 and 2018 by the Tech Tribune and we're backed by some of the best Venture Capitalist companies including:
*Lightspeed Venture Partners
*Jackson Square Partners
About the role:
The Property Accountant will provide full cycle accounting support for the property management team, and function as a key member of the team. This role is responsible for communicating financial results to both external clients and management team. The skills required to succeed in this role include strong accounting and communication skills. Collaboration and communication is a key aspect of this position.
• Provide daily accounting functions for multiple regions
• Prepare and distribute monthly financial reports – prepare monthly journal entries, financial statement preparation/reconciliation and bank reconciliations
• Prepare monthly and ad hoc distributions to clients
• Review and maintain accuracy of general ledgers
• G/L activity posting, Balance Sheet reconciliation and maintenance of subsidiary ledgers
• Support Property Accounting Managers with ad hoc projects, monthly closes and distributions
• Monitor cash receipt postings, tenant billings, billing adjustments and perform tenant ledger reconciliations when necessary
• Review invoice coding and invoice workflow to ensure timely payments to vendors
• Coordinate with various departments to ensure accounting accuracy
• Ability to independently research historical cash transactions and provide Portfolio Managers and Regional Directors with timely responses
• Provide accounting detail and assistance to Property Accounting Managers for all internal and/or external auditors
• Research new accounting laws and regulations for different states as needed
• Prepare annual 1099 and 1096 reporting to vendors and IRS
• Prepare quarterly 592 and 588 forms to Franchise Tax Board on as needed basis
• Performs ad hoc assignments as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required
• Minimum of 3 years of Real Estate Accounting experience is preferred. Property management experience a plus.
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Adaptability – maintains effectiveness in varying environments, tasks and responsibilities, or with various types of people.
• Planning and Organizing – ability to establish a course of action to accomplish goals and evaluate results.
• Ability to multitask - work successfully under pressure and effectively prioritize and manage time and workload to meet client needs.
• Client Focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the external and internal client, establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients, and gains their trust and respect.
• Dealing with Ambiguity – can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
• Drive for Results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully, bottom line oriented, pushes self and others for results.
• Microsoft office product knowledge, Excel and real estate accounting software preferred.
• Thrives in fast-paced environment.
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.