The Distribution Sales Manager is accountable for revenue generation in the Public Sector territory by overseeing and working with our distribution partners throughout all aspects of the sales process.
- Oversee new distributor on-boarding to include recruit, contract, enable, manage
- Oversee distributor relationships throughout the assigned territory.
- Work with our distribution partners to develop cohesive tactical and strategic sales plans in order to meet or exceed sales targets
- Work with field & Channel teams to evaluate sales channel efficiency throughout the region on an ongoing basis and make changes where appropriate
- Accurately forecast sales opportunities to management team through our CRM and other means
- Responsible for all aspects of distribution enablement: sales and technical, marketing, back office integration
Qualifications and Requirements (Education, Experience, Specific Skills):
- Previous experience of managing distribution partnerships sales
- Experience selling in the Software Development Tools and/or Application Lifecycle Management space via channel partnerships
- Experience selling Open Source Solutions
- 5+ years of experience with B2B sales
- 7-10 plus years selling high technology products in assigned territory in a channel model
- Interest in GitLab, and open source software
- Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build strong relationships with partners and GitLab teams.
- Strong personal network within the industry.
- Driven, highly motivated and results driven.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
Distribution Performance Indicators
- % Revenue Channel Initiated
- % Services Attached
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.