Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a Recruiting Associate to join the Talent & Culture team and help contribute to the growth of our organization and help streamline, implement and drive highly succinct and effective recruiting operations processes.
You are responsible for:
- Gather and analyze hiring data and candidate experience data using our ATS, Greenhouse, as part of our efforts to improve candidate experience and diversity in the recruiting pipeline; create slides and presentation collateral to showcase findings and present recommendations
- Partner across all levels of the Talent & Culture team to provide data that will lead to more informed decision making
- Stay abreast of recruiting trends, particularly in collecting, analyzing and reporting on data specific to the needs of the Talent & Culture team
- Manage social media platforms, posting company updates or event announcements (monitor and manage Glassdoor reviews, Linkedin updates and social postings, etc)
- Mentor Recruiting Coordinator to maintain quality of service and speed for both scheduling and job postings (including researching new outlets to build more diverse pipelines)
- Assist in improving efficiency and effectiveness of Recruiting tools and processes and updating GH and other tools as needed to ensure continuous improvement
- Lead scheduling efforts for c-level and complex roles; fill in to support Recruiting Coordinator as needed with scheduling volume fluctuations
- Assist the Director of Recruiting with quarterly hiring manager & interviewer training on the recruitment process
- Main point person managing Greenhouse, and provide staff with training on the platform
- Main point of contact for managing recruiting contract subscriptions with LinkedIn, Greenhouse, Stackoverflow etc.; work with team admins to support Director in search firm contract submittals
- Manage ad-hoc recruiting projects at the discretion of the Director of Recruiting
- Work with DE&I Associate as needed to assist in execution of events/projects to expand candidate outreach to under-represented groups and create brand awareness by attending and hosting events such as: career fairs, fireside chats, tech talks, Meetup groups, etc.
- Work with RC to keep recruiting related pages on office wiki (and any other outlets) up to date
Skills and Experience:
- 2+ yrs of experience in recruitment coordination, HR coordination, or other related work
- Detail-oriented and organized: keeps track of multiple projects and priorities
- Strong interest in diversity recruiting best practices, trends & concepts
- Experience with ATS, Greenhouse
- Ability to work in an open, transparent and collaborative environment.
- Flexible to work with a variety of personalities, nationalities and leadership levels.
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- Passion for Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects
- Fluency in languages other than English
- Understanding of free culture / free software / open source principles
The Wikimedia Foundation is...
...the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
U.S. Benefits & Perks*
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their eligible families (yes, fully paid premiums!)
- The Wellness Program provides reimbursement for mind, body and soul activities such as fitness memberships, baby sitting, continuing education and much more
- The 401(k) retirement plan offers matched contributions at 4% of annual salary
- Flexible and generous time off - vacation, sick and volunteer days, plus 19 paid holidays - including the last week of the year.
- Family friendly! 100% paid new parent leave for seven weeks plus an additional five weeks for pregnancy, flexible options to phase back in after leave, fully equipped lactation room.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses
- Telecommuting and flexible work schedules available
- Appropriate fuel for thinking and coding (aka, a pantry full of treats) and monthly massages to help staff relax
- Great colleagues - diverse staff and contractors speaking dozens of languages from around the world, fantastic intellectual discourse, mission-driven and intensely passionate people
*Eligible international workers' benefits are specific to their location and dependent on their employer of record
Wikimedia Medium Term Plan
Diversity and inclusion information for Wikimedia workers, by the numbers
Annual Report - 2017