As a leading tech-enabled property management company in the US, Mynd lives to make renting and owning real estate simple for everyone. Mynd is reinventing how property management works in the mid-market multi-family and single family markets through a proprietary technology platform. We believe that real time data helps investors make smarter investment decisions, supports a more efficient and data-driven operation, and creates an overall better property owner and resident experience.
People are taking notice. We've been voted Best Tech StartUps in 2019 and 2018 by the Tech Tribune and we're backed by some of the best Venture Capitalist companies including:
*Lightspeed Venture Partners
*Jackson Square Partners
The primary role of the Resident Services Manager (RSM) is to provide oversight to all areas of property management from move-in to move-out. The Resident Services Manager oversees a specific geographic portfolio and will use various forms of technology to work with current residents by attending to residents’ requests, coordinating rent collections activities, renewals and rent increases, notices to vacate, move outs and deposit accounting. The RSM will be responsible for being the subject expert matter on local ordinances affecting residential property management. Qualified candidates will have large scale residential property management experience, a passion for technology and the energy and dedication it takes to be a part of a fast growing start-up.
- Oversee daily property portfolio operations which may include completion of, or managing completion of, rent collection, notice to vacates, move-outs, deposit accounting, evictions and non-renewals, renewals, administrative responsibilities, and accounts payables.
- Responsible for ensuring positive Resident relations for all Resident interactions using an internal case management system.
- Manage tasks and communication, inclusive of both small multi-family buildings (2 - 100 units) and single family residential homes, using technology, to meet company objectives and metrics.
- Manage escalated Resident and Property related issues as they arise and document through successful resolution in specified property management system.
- Manages Operations Month End audit of all units in portfolio.
- Manages all electronic record keeping, including lease files for the Residents in the assigned area; ensures file management quality control including document storage in proprietary database.
- Responsible for completion of monthly lease renewals and/or changes to lease terms for established portfolio and in compliance with local and state regulations.
- Lead, direct and train Resident Services Administrative Assistants for their assigned portfolio.
- Provide feedback to internal Product departments to recommend workflow changes, technology enhancements to internal and vendor platforms, and act as primary tester for new releases to internal platform.
- 3+ years of specialized training or experience in the real estate industry in a leadership position.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Real Estate Salesperson License preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in property management, including three years as a property manager with a minimum of 500 units.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with customers and lead staff to do the same.
- Strong customer service across a diverse group of people, including written and verbal communications, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Positive, can-do attitude with a commitment to excellence and achieving goals.
- Ability to create, implement and manage a budget and generate financial reporting out of systems.
- Deep experience using property management software, such as Yardi, MRI, AppFolio, Onesite and/or Propertyware.
- Strong understanding of technology and computer proficiency; including Google Applications, Microsoft Office Applications, and Mobile Applications.
- Flexible schedule with ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.