Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
The Finance team oversees the company's financial well-being while supporting operational and business planning in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. We work hard to ensure growth is accurately projected and managed and that our financial results are properly accounted for. We provide financial analysis to determine key operational decisions within a rapidly growing organization. We only hire the best to these teams, and your work will have a huge impact on the future success of this rapidly growing company.
We want people who are passionate high performing team players who can take new challenges and go the extra mile.
This position requires a CPA/CPA eligible candidate capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing and fluid organization. This position will be directly responsible for revenue recognition and will work closely with the Sales, Data Analytics, Product, Customer Support, Marketing and Engineering Teams. The successful candidate must be highly analytical, organized and skilled at communication and problem solving, as well as possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Additionally, the successful candidate will adapt quickly to change and will strengthen our revenue process to scale with the Company’s long term goals. This position reports to the Director, Revenue Accounting Operations.
What You’ll Be Doing
- LeadAssist with the application of ASC 606 for new products, pricing and other strategic initiatives and company wide projects.
- Review sales arrangements to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606.
- Assist with the oversight and accounting for all technical and operational Revenue aspects and Order to Cash process.
- Ensure monthly close deliverables related to Revenue Recognition are completed accurately and timely, including the completion of close journals, account reconciliations, estimate schedules and analytical review.
- Ownership of billing and collections for our managed services customers.
- Implement improvements to the existing revenue recognition process in order to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the financial statements and improve efficiencies.
- Collaborate with Billing Engineering, Data & Analytics and FP&A teams to improve analytical insights and maintain proper controls for the billings and revenue recognition process.
- Participate in NetSuite ERP enhancements as it relates to the order to cash process.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining internal documentation for revenue policies, procedures and controls.
- Assist with external audit.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and analyses.
What We Expect from You
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting
- CPA/CPA eligible with experience preferably with public/private mix. Big4 a plus
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- High attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Ability to function independently and effectively in a self-directed environment
- High energy level with the ability to take ownership, show initiative and provide structure in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Detail oriented, high level of accuracy, strong work ethic and ownership of tasks required
- Experience implementing/applying ASC 606
- Experience with billing systems, Salesforce, and NetSuite a plus
- Experience integrating between financial systems as part of acquisitions and/or business combinations a plus
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!