This role is remote.
The Revenue Manager is responsible for all day-to-day revenue accounting operations and month-end financial reporting requirements while ensuring compliance with revenue recognition policies, procedures and internal controls. The Revenue Manager will report to the Controller and will help drive process improvement projects as Gitlab continues to grow.
- Review and summarize customer contracts for proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards.
- Partner with Legal department and business teams to interpret complex or unique contract provisions or new revenue initiatives. Research and document accounting issues and recommend solutions for complex transactions as needed.
- Key contributor in the monthly financial close, ensuring accurate and timely recording of transactions and the completeness of financial statements.
- Work closely and help manage transactions with the billing and deal desk teams
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations, entries and contribute to the financial reporting process
- Develop and document processes and controls, and identify opportunities for streamlining processes and increasing automation to improve the speed and efficiency of the monthly revenue close
- Support external and internal audit requirements
- Work as liaison with project teams to develop or improve finance solutions, including the design, implementation and review of systems
- Assist with and manage various ad hoc projects as needed
- 2+ years experience in revenue accounting with a Big 4 accounting firm or SaaS company
- Experience in applying revenue accounting guidance (ASC 606). Strong knowledge of US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, risk and controls standards and business process best practices skills
- Experience managing critical projects such as system implementations, ERP system enhancements, and system upgrades.
- Strong understanding of process and operations in a fast-paced business environment.
- Ability to work dynamically with a variety of internal business partners (financial and non-financial personnel both within the US and abroad).
- Be a self-starter, have a positive attitude, maintain a solution-oriented work ethic.
- Zuora, RevPro, Netsuite system knowledge
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.