Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As our Sales Development Representative to join our Sales Team. You’ll have a direct impact on the growth of the company by managing our lead pipeline and identify leads and sales opportunities by taking care of our outbound activities. In addition, you will refine our sales prospecting techniques.
- You effectively maintain the active engagement with our existing leads through an adaptable and personalised approach
- Partner with, and help to build the pipelines of Enterprise and Strategic Account Executives who will assist in developing and sharpening your skills through consistent feedback.
- Documenting various details including use case, stakeholders, vendor decision process, next steps
- Prioritizing opportunities and applying appropriate internal resources
- Use and keep Salesforce.com up-to-date for lead management and sales forecasting
- Ensure a timely follow-up with all prospects
- Achieve monthly and quarterly goals of qualified opportunities and meetings booked for the Account Executives.
- College / University Degree educated
- 1-2 years of work experience preferred; and previous SDR experience is highly advantageous
- Multi-lingual preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Seeks to understand the customer’s needs, objectives and challenges
- Active listener and good note taker
- Ability to pro-actively qualify customer needs
- Ability to understand the business opportunity, and to articulate it to the AE team, by understanding the prospect’s use case and requirements well and how Contentful fits into the customer’s goals
- Ability to build rapport with prospects, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Self starter, doesn’t wait for things to happen, but pro-actively takes action to move the conversation forward
- Willingness to travel (up to 10%)
- Ability to follow the set processes, update the relevant systems diligently, and make suggestions on improvements where required
- Detail oriented and data driven
- Ability to work with standard software such as Salesforce, and others.
- Technical understanding and keen interest for technology
- Customer-first mindset, where you and company wins by helping our customers to be successful
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!